Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Short shifter options

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demarco313
MGW by far!!! Anybody whose recommends anything else other than the MGW has obviously NEVER used the MGW before! I bet anybody that has installed/used the MGW shifter has never contemplated taking it out to try another brand. YES it is that good and well worth the money. Its BY FAR the best shifter out there. Really short throws and NEVER missed a shift with it since its been installed and it has excellent quality
All of the post like this almost have me sold on it, but I just really liked how the Pro 5.0 angled the stick toward the driver. By the looks of the MGW it looks like the stick is only offset towards the driver at the base, but not angled. And it doesn't look like any other sticks will work with the MGW unit. I've tried to compare by searching for installed pictures of both the MGW and Pro 5.0, but came up nearly empty for a good comparison.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJJones87
All of the post like this almost have me sold on it, but I just really liked how the Pro 5.0 angled the stick toward the driver. By the looks of the MGW it looks like the stick is only offset towards the driver at the base, but not angled. And it doesn't look like any other sticks will work with the MGW unit. I've tried to compare by searching for installed pictures of both the MGW and Pro 5.0, but came up nearly empty for a good comparison.
the only thing you can do with the MGW stick is raise or lower it. It is straight as an arrow.

I'm like you, I prefer the angle. So if you like the angle I would go with the pro 5.0.

Quick Reply: Short shifter options