Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master or slave problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Master or slave problems

I need to find out which is the problem. I have the 01 slave installed when I did the clutch upgrade.

Currently:
Spec stage3 clutch & Flywheel
01 slave
drill mod
pro 5.0
steel 3/4 fork.
LSStick

I cant put the car in any gear when the engine is running. I just need to know how to trouble shoot.

Every now and then I get it into gear. When I do it drives like a champ. I can cut the car off and it wont get back into gear until several tries. I can start it in any gear but even when the clutch is fully pressed the car moves forward as the starter turns the engine and when it cranks the car moves forward even if the clutch is fully depressed.

Should I blead the master cyl.? or should I just replace the slave and the master cyl.? If its the master cyl. I will just get an mcleod adj. one.

Thanks,
Old 02-07-2004, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant recall, but I think there is a shim that goes in between the slave and tranny, did you install that? Its just a thought, Im not necessarily saying its the problem. Could be the clutch not disengaging, did you bleed it good?
Old 02-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Banned

The clutch has been installed and everything has been running great for a few months now.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:28 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sound to me as if the clutch is not fully disengaging. If its trying to move when you start it, then thats what it sounds like to me. That would also be the same reason why it wont let you go into gear. I couldnt tell you if the master was the problem, but with all that youve upgraded, I would of went with an adjustable clutch master. Whats the fluid level like?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssdungeon
I need to find out which is the problem. I have the 01 slave installed when I did the clutch upgrade.

Currently:
Spec stage3 clutch & Flywheel
01 slave
drill mod
pro 5.0
steel 3/4 fork.
LSStick

I cant put the car in any gear when the engine is running. I just need to know how to trouble shoot.

Every now and then I get it into gear. When I do it drives like a champ. I can cut the car off and it wont get back into gear until several tries. I can start it in any gear but even when the clutch is fully pressed the car moves forward as the starter turns the engine and when it cranks the car moves forward even if the clutch is fully depressed.

Should I blead the master cyl.? or should I just replace the slave and the master cyl.? If its the master cyl. I will just get an mcleod adj. one.

Thanks,
If you do a search for my name under manual transmission you will see that I have a very similiar problem and have made several posts. After going through a few hydraulic systems. I found out that the pressure plate from Spec was bad.I just found this out yesterday. I currently have my car down and will have to buy a new presure plate and try to get refunded when I send my bad one in or something. I bought this Spec 3 kit with the X-pad not too long ago. This may not be your problem but I am just sharing my experience.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Banned

Hey blkbeaz28 thats what its all about so I appreciate it. I will keep ya updated as I get to the bottom of my problem.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

I have a spec 3 pretty new a few months old no drag passes. Just a few tuning passes and a few hwy roll races like 3 total from 50-110 max.

Update. I finally got back down here to get under the car today. I found 1. For no reason all of my pedal pressure is back. 2. Most of my trans fluid was gone. I drained it and it was LOW. It was black as oil but I didn't see any metal in it. I refilled it with Dextron. I can get into any gear even drive it. Then Sometimes when I put it in neutral, I can hear the plate wobble like its off balance. I go forward say for 2 feet and it may stop for a while. I know for a fact that its not disengaging as it should because in neutral sometimes my speedo goes up to 10mph when i'm siting still until I press the clutch in.

So at this point I may see what warranty Spec has once I get it out....IF the clutch is the problem. I have a Monster 3 in the Vette. I like it.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssdungeon
I know for a fact that its not disengaging as it should because in neutral sometimes my speedo goes up to 10mph when i'm siting still until I press the clutch in.
Is this with the driveshaft off? If so, then that's normal because of the friction between the gears and mainshaft in the transmission. Did you change your pilot bearing when you did the clutch? When my pilot bearing was out I had the same symptoms you currently have.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by predatorz28
Is this with the driveshaft off? If so, then that's normal because of the friction between the gears and mainshaft in the transmission. Did you change your pilot bearing when you did the clutch? When my pilot bearing was out I had the same symptoms you currently have.
This is with the drive shaft still in place. I am not sure if it was changed. I had it all done at one of the best transmission shops I know of. It drove fine for months so if that's the case it just went bad recently.
Hopefully the next time I come down I will be able to pull the trans. I have to replace the rear seal as that's where the fluid leaked from.

Quick Reply: Master or slave problems