Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Balancing of flywheel???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Balancing of flywheel???

So im replacing my clutch with a SPEC stage 1 and i marked my old flywheel so i know exactly how it was placed. I am now unsure of how to put my new one on since i heard there could be balancing issues if not placed correctly. I don't want to spend hours putting in my new clutch only to have my engine vibrate to death becuase i dident balance my ****. I dunno i just read it somewere on these post and since its my first time changing out a clutch i really have no idea except the cihilton book to help me and ls1tech and well the book really dosent go into much detail on things.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

What flywheel are you using? Assuming that it is the original then you will need to have the new clutch and flywheel balanced together. This is due to the stock parts being balanced as an assembly versus individual balancing of the components. This is referenced in the Install Notes we provide with our clutch kits. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Oh i see. Yes i bought a stock flywheel and i have a SPEC stage 1 clutch. Were would i have them balanced and once i do that do i just mount them both up regardless of postion?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 AM
FormerVendor

Any machine shop with a dynamic balancer can assist you with this. The pressure-plate and flywheel have to be mounted together for balancing, but because the plate can only be fitted one way it does not have to be marked to indicate balance. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Thank you very much. I will look for a machine shop with a dynamic balancer

Quick Reply: Balancing of flywheel???