Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

pedel sticking. wont go into gear.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pedel sticking. wont go into gear.

#o iv been doing some reading on my problem and can't seem to figure it out. Well the problem is that I installed the clutch and now my clutch pedel will go to the floor n stick. I tried bleeding but nothing, prob dident do it right. Em I suppose to feel the pedel get harder the more air I get out or how em I to kno if I'm getting the air out. I bleed it n fluid came out the bell housing. What could it be I gotta leave back to socal tommarow n I still have no working car. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh n also car won't go into gear at all. It will stop short of going into gears when the car is on. When its off it goes in smooth as butter but on won't even budge, I tried when I first started the car and it grinded like crazy cuz I dident engage the clutch..

My setup
Spec stg 1
New slave cylinder
New tb
New pb
New factory flywheel
Old 02-20-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately sounds like you have alot of air in the system, Yes as you bleed you will feel the pedal get firmer. Bleeding these cars is a royal pain.
The car wont go into gear when running because the clutch is not disengaging, You have too much air in the sysem, You need to get a real good bleed on this and it should take care of your problem.. There are alot of post on here how to bleed.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Ok thanks I'm just gonna bleed ovr n ovr. Thanks a lot I feel relavied now.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

If you are seeing fluid drip from the bell then you have popped your slave cylinder. If not, and I am missunderstanding your above post, then I suggest the use of a mighty-vac to insure that you are able to pull all the air out of the system. Bleed from the valve, mounted on the slave line and from the reservoir up top too. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to help. Thanks!

Quick Reply: pedel sticking. wont go into gear.