Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

where to get t56 speedo gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
The CTSv wheel and shaft are not splined, they use an inference fit. (The SSR T56 does also, but that's another story)
Ok. I've only messed with a couple and they were far and few between. Does it have a check ball to keep it in place or is it just a press fit?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thesource
Ok. I've only messed with a couple and they were far and few between. Does it have a check ball to keep it in place or is it just a press fit?
Just the press.. As you said it doesn't do much, but at least with splines it wouldn't matter as much if it was cracked.. With just the press fit, a crack would be much more detrimental.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Just the press.. As you said it doesn't do much, but at least with splines it wouldn't matter as much if it was cracked.. With just the press fit, a crack would be much more detrimental.
Ok so its kind of like the TR3650 Ford unit except they have a slot in the wheel and a check ball but its still a slight press fit. I have a core for a V torn down in a tote somewhere around here. I've never even paid much attention to it.

To the other person. Try putting a little heat on it before installing it. That usually helps expand it a little so it will slide on easier. We have to do that every now and then with other types of units with similiar design.

Quick Reply: where to get t56 speedo gear?