Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Having the t56 rebuilt and have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having the t56 rebuilt and have some questions.

After all other options I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to have my trans rebuilt. I'm looking at either Tick's level 3, or RPM's level 4. Other than how to shift one, I know nothing about transmissions. I'm sure they are both very good trans, but I'm not sure how the differences will effect the outcome. I can read the physical differences, but I have no idea what they mean. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I'm probably going to try and set something up for next week and don't want to go into this blind. I'm attaching links to the one's I'm talking about.

http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/levelivt56.html

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ackages/fbody/

http://rpmmotorsportsnc.com/prodshow/LevelIVt56F.html

And a little OT, but is RPM in Indiana and RPM in NC the same company?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might consider calling Jason at TDP. I cant say enough good stuff about his work and customer support. Might call him up and talk to him about what fits your needs. Great prices too.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

I've actually been reading some of his posts tonight. I really don't want to call any one shop and ask questions b/c they're going to try to sell me on their way and might down play the way another shop might do it. Another reason I was leaning more towards Tick or RPM is location. I'm not against sending my trans off to be worked, it's just that Tick and RPM are both less than a 4 hour drive from me. 2 of my sons live in Concord, NC which is right next to where Tick is located and I'm up there a lot anyway. Thanks for showing me another option though.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Tick, RPM, and TDP will help you out. Ask Jason from TDP. We have been in contact for a while and my T56 will bet at his shop tomorrow . I shipped mine from Canada down to Texas. Jason will fix it once and for all, ship it to the border, and I'll go pick it up. You can't go wrong asking either RPM, Tick, or TDP. Seriously!! These guys are here to help out and make money at the same time but all three shops post here.

Last edited by Mischief007; 03-31-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling