Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Level 3 install/review

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1500 miles and mine still chatters BADLY.

But pedal pressure is similar to stock.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Checkmate have you done A LOT of stop and go? The chatter went away for me around 400-600miles and took it to the track and beat the crap out of it. Then it was smooth. However after A LOT of stop and go it will get the aggressive bite back to it but one nice little spirited run down the road and she's back to silky smooth again. I have 101passes on my Monster Stage 3 clutch now
Old 05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zturd
Checkmate have you done A LOT of stop and go? The chatter went away for me around 400-600miles and took it to the track and beat the crap out of it. Then it was smooth. However after A LOT of stop and go it will get the aggressive bite back to it but one nice little spirited run down the road and she's back to silky smooth again. I have 101passes on my Monster Stage 3 clutch now
I haven't been to the track yet but get this...

Installed sfc, phb, lca, tq arm and new poly trans bushing. The chatter is 95% gone.

I'll be able to hit the track next month so I'm guessing that will help even more.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks
After driving for a little bit you get a feel for it and its not bad at all, the pedal has pretty stout release pressure but I will get use to it and barely notice as usual. This clutch is no joke IT GRABS. Going through the gears feels phenominal!! I love the feel of this clutch and am very impressed with the driveablility!
Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks
I have found the best thing for me is to get the rpms up a little and release try and slip it a little. Has been working well so far.
My brother and I installed a Monster Level 3 & Tick Master Cylinder in my Firebird over the past week. I finally got drive it today. The above comments hit the nail on the head.

Its definitely gonna take a little time behind the wheel to get acquainted with this setup, but you are not kidding man. It ******' grabs!

I don't have any audible "chatter" from the clutch yet, but its definitely shaky to get moving from a stop. And, as was mentioned, this is very noticeable in Reverse. I too found that if you give the car a little more throttle than normal while slipping the clutch you have a much smoother start.

With the Tick MC, the point between starting to release the pedal and the clutch engaging is immediate. Again, this will take some getting used to, but I like it.

I may adjust the Master Cylinder just a bit more. The car goes into every gear fine and seems to not have any trouble shifting quickly at high RPMs, but at its current adjustment point, the pedal travel is just a couple inches. I'd really like the pedal to have a little more distance. This won't change the engagement point, but hopefully give it a little better feel. I know, I'm not supposed to adjust the MC strictly for pedal height, but I really would like to feel a bit more travel to it.

I only have about 50 miles on the car since completing the install, but I am happy with the results and I would recommend it to anyone who is curious about it.

Quick Reply: Monster Level 3 install/review