Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New spec clutch won't disengage. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately many of these clutch disengagement issues are install related. You need to know at what distance traveled the clutch is disengaged, how far the hydraulics are designed to move and of course slave/PP air gap. Also IMO many "warped discs" are bent by letting the trans. rest on them during install.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 PM
FormerVendor

A bent disc could certainly affect clutch release. We insure flatness before the parts ship of course, but install and even damage during shipping can occur despite the best of efforts to protect the parts. As a side note, the clutch should fully release within 3/8" of diaphragm compression.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Update. the car is finally drivable. I lost my access to a lift after several attempts to fix it, so i took it to Ken's Performance and after a lot of trial and error and measurements the slave and clutch master had to me replaced again. The new ones i put on were not working properly. Hopefully i can return the first ones i put on. I can finally drive the car. the new Spec clutch chatters a little when starting from a dead stop, i'm hoping it will settle in. thanks for all the assistance from everyone on here. I appreciate it. This was a frustrating issue.

Quick Reply: New spec clutch won't disengage. HELP