Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch wont engage

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch wont engage

so today i replaced the master and slave cylinders and bled it for a while, now when i try to put it in first gear, and try to go forward it wont move. its as if the car was in neutral.

could it be that theres still air in the system?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Teching In

ttt!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

well, its pretty much likely not air if the clutch is not engaging. did you put a shim behind the slave cylinder? maybe the line is going bad?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Is it a stock master or an adjustable unit?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

I would assume air or the MC is not adjusted properly .. If you bought an adjustable MC and adjusted it too far out you could have popped the seal on the new slave..

Fill us in on what parts were installed.. It sounds like you kept the same clutch from what Im reading.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Well i found the problem, i didn't pay much attention to my actual clutch since when it was installed the slave and the m/c where not replaced so i went ahead and replaced them. I actually thought this was causing my clutch slip but nop the actual clutch was done. So i when down to the Chevrolet dealer n picked up one of there LS7 clutch cause i did not want to really buy a expensive clutch. Clutch pressure plate and clutch disc came out to be $300 bucks out the door, and one of my buddies hooked me up with a new LS7 flywheel he had laying around. Once i installed the new clutch i ran into another problem the clutch was not disengaging so i could not put in to first gear or any gear, and once the car was off and i would put it in gear and then try to start the car it would roll forward and stall out and this would happen while i was on the clutch pedal. So i had to bring my trans down and shim the slave now i just need to brake in my new clutch to get the pedal to adjust back up because the disengagement is way down low but as i have been reading all over tech several other peps have had the same issue with this clutch till its actually properly broken in.

Quick Reply: clutch wont engage