Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

EASTCOAST PERFORMANCE TRANSFORMS T56's into TR6060's The ULTIMATE Transmisson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoon
Well , apparently you don't think more casting ribs, thicker walls and greater bearing support count for much. A countershaft design transmission by nature is constantly pulling the cluster and mainshaft appart. Strength added to resist this is going to be part of any uplift of torque capacity.
So "calhoon" you think the TR6060 case from a Corvette is a stronger case than a T56 from a corvette..?? It might be a very little maybe in fractions, but thats it..The bearing supports inside are exactly the same size and same place..Our change over units are rated using the T56 type cases..So this is a mute point, IMO and it needs to be dropped unless you have proof in print and visual from a respected manufacture...

So once again, our Custom Built T56-TR6060's are rated at over 800ft/lb torque...
Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its been stated here before. The bigest bang is in the gear face width and the upgrade series bearings. But the fact remains, if you really care to look , that the front & rear flanges are thicker the rear case wall is thicker and the bearing supports are(in fact) beefed-up. The front adapter has significant added bearing support , ribs and wall thickness.
Ok so I won't prove my statements other than the known TR6060 uplift as well. It really doesn't matter what you think.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When mine blows, I'm coming to you guys.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

I've seen a lot of blown up T56's in the past. I'd say 99.9% of them with extreme gear failure were not due to the cases being insuffient. Its either a lack of oil to the gears, loose shimming allowing the gears to pull away from each other or just too much stress for the gear itself to handle.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Need to order one of these tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I though only Keisler had posts edited here.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Its been stated here before. The bigest bang is in the gear face width and the upgrade series bearings. But the fact remains, if you really care to look , that the front & rear flanges are thicker the rear case wall is thicker and the bearing supports are(in fact) beefed-up. The front adapter has significant added bearing support , ribs and wall thickness.
Ok so I won't prove my statements other than the known TR6060 uplift as well. It really doesn't matter what you think.
(calhoon) you need to go back and ready my First post in the ad...We replace the complete Front cover plate, this is because the input shaft is larger for a TR6060 and the front input bearing is alot larger in the TR6060, and yes it has alot more support ribs in that front cover due to the larger front bearing...There is No comparison between the front cover plates from a T56 to TR6060...We always use the Front Cover Plate from a TR6060...and it does matter what I say""...I'm sorry you dont have the facts correct, we build these things every day, so we are The Facts, we have also tested them in various racing High HP & TQ conditions before we ever brought them to market...we sure as hell know what the differences are...

If you dont have a productive question or a good comment, then dont post again, period...I will report you...If your going to be a smart ***, please go bother someone else...

Originally Posted by BlackGasGuzzler
When mine blows, I'm coming to you guys.
Thanks we will get you taken care of fast...
Originally Posted by thesource
I've seen a lot of blown up T56's in the past. I'd say 99.9% of them with extreme gear failure were not due to the cases being insuffient. Its either a lack of oil to the gears, loose shimming allowing the gears to pull away from each other or just too much stress for the gear itself to handle.
Yes, you are correct about the shimming and the T56 gears just want hold much more than 550-600tq
Originally Posted by FirebirdSS
Need to order one of these tomorrow.
I've got one on hold for you, just waiting on your call...
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

question? the 3 piece syncros in a goat tranny are they any better than the 2 piece carbon ones? also what type of shim tolerance are you guys talking about when you say the shafts spread? is that a side by side deflection or in line space causing the gapping for to make the gears disengage?? i,m new at this and have a t56 to tweek but not the large cash because of our economy has hit my craft hard i need info to make an informed decision on the best way for 550 torque compatable t56 .. thank you folks in advance..... oldman
Old 10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a magnum t56 I bought from Keisler for another project and plans changed. Can I send it to you to have it fitted for my fbody?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
question? the 3 piece syncros in a goat tranny are they any better than the 2 piece carbon ones? also what type of shim tolerance are you guys talking about when you say the shafts spread? is that a side by side deflection or in line space causing the gapping for to make the gears disengage?? i,m new at this and have a t56 to tweek but not the large cash because of our economy has hit my craft hard i need info to make an informed decision on the best way for 550 torque compatable t56 .. thank you folks in advance..... oldman
Hi, call me anytime and I'll be glad to help you out...thanks Mike
Originally Posted by alans02z
I have a magnum t56 I bought from Keisler for another project and plans changed. Can I send it to you to have it fitted for my fbody?
Hi, yes you can, BUT remember the T56 Magnums are NOT the same as what we sell in this thread..There only good for maybe 575-600rwtq, all the Magnums are ALL 1stgen designs...they have all the old parts in them...

Call me and I'll be glad to explain...

Last edited by EastcoastPerformance; 10-28-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by EastcoastPerformance
Hi, yes you can, BUT remember the T56 Magnums are NOT the same as what we sell in this thread..There only good for maybe 575-600rwtq, all the Magnums are ALL 1stgen designs...they have all the old parts in them...

For all you've ragged on Calhoon, you sure are putting alot of misinformation in here. Tremec rates their T56 magnums at 700ft-lbs anywhere you look on their site. Where are you seeing 575-600?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
Hi, call me anytime and I'll be glad to help you out...thanks Mike
Originally Posted by alans02z
Hi, yes you can, BUT remember the T56 Magnums are NOT the same as what we sell in this thread..There only good for maybe 575-600rwtq, all the Magnums are Still ONLY the 1stgen designs...they have all the old parts in them...

Old 10-29-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Eastcoast, I'm still not seeing it. Where, oh where, have you seen that the new t56 magnum ONLY handles 575-600 rwtq? Where have you seen that the internals of a t56 are "still the 1st gen" parts? Where are you getting all of this false competitive information you are using to bash Calhoon and other transmission manufacturers with?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Meal,
I post here to help peolple with trans Qs. I do not promote an ego to groom nor products to sell .Some just want to sell their mystery-messaged old T56 stuff. The Magnums are NOT old design anything. They are TR6060-based/ latest Tremec design . They are rated at 700lb-ft by Tremec. This is backed with testing/ validation NOT done in the hands of the end customer with fingers crossed.
Be careful here or your comments will be removed, like Keisler does. SO, don't confuse any one with the facts.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Meal,
I post here to help peolple with trans Qs. I do not promote an ego to groom nor products to sell .Some just want to sell their mystery-messaged old T56 stuff. The Magnums are NOT old design anything. They are TR6060-based/ latest Tremec design . They are rated at 700lb-ft by Tremec. This is backed with testing/ validation NOT done in the hands of the end customer with fingers crossed.
Be careful here or your comments will be removed, like Keisler does. SO, don't confuse any one with the facts.
calhoon, you are greatly mis-informed sir...You dont know what you are sepaking about at all. We've been in this business for over 28yrs..People dont want to here bullshit from someone who No's nothing...

Customers want the truth, Not inflated numbers...They want REAL WORLD numbers and facts, they want to know what REALLY works in these cars...

So unless you have something productive to say in our for sale thread, stay out of it...period..Ive told yoou this before...
Old 11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Eastcoast, I'm still not seeing it. Where, oh where, have you seen that the new t56 magnum ONLY handles 575-600 rwtq? Where have you seen that the internals of a t56 are "still the 1st gen" parts? Where are you getting all of this false competitive information you are using to bash Calhoon and other transmission manufacturers with?
Bashing who..?? We've never bashed another Transmission Manufacture...Who are you speaking of..?? What Manufacture..??
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Any LT1 love out there for 93-97 t-56s? I'd love to get in on this.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

all the Magnums are ALL 1stgen designs...they have all the old parts in them...
I think this is an important explanation you could elaborate on in the thread instead of requesting phone calls.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

calhoon, you are greatly mis-informed sir...You dont know what you are sepaking about at all. We've been in this business for over 28yrs..People dont want to here bullshit from someone who No's nothing...
I'm just say'n.

lulz
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blwn_by_Twins
I'm just say'n.

lulz
I laughed too.

Quick Reply: EASTCOAST PERFORMANCE TRANSFORMS T56's into TR6060's The ULTIMATE Transmisson!!!