Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster or Diamond

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Good choice. I'm not a fan of my monster stg 3 with lightweight flywheel. Over 10k miles and holds fine but squeals and chatters every now and then.
With 400rwhp you're going to want to drive that thing agressively from time to time as it's not even breaking a sweat, the chatter and squealing is from the ceramic glaze building up.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Busy Mopper
diamond, they are the same clutch
We've been notified and have noticed a rash of people attempting to copy or duplicate our clutches. You can rest assured that all Monster Clutch frictions, plates and flywheels are made right here in the good ole' USA. We don't use inferior parts, we use the real thing. All of our pieces are under contract by engineers and cannot be sold or offered to anyone else. This protects your investment as a purchaser to know that not just anyone can get what you have. Note who you are buying it from, if it's not directly through us or one of our many dealers and distributors worldwide be cautious! Make sure your Monster is the genuine thing, beware of imitators!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
^^^ he's correct!
I beg to differ
Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

LoL!......
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then explain it. why EXACTLY is your clutch better? What do you do or what type of material do you use that is better than the rest?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt any clutch company is going to reveal the exact compound or manufacturing secrets that make them better so the best we'll ever get is the vague "we use superior materials" or "only the highest quality" or "we've done tons of research and development and found that.."

best you can do is go off of reviews of success stories and failures. I'm very happy with my TDP unit, if it ever has a problem I'm sure I'll be taken care of. I can't speak for any other aftermarket companies but seeing how Diamond has pretty much no negative reviews and is cheaper they get my vote.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
LoL!......
Says the employee of TDP/Diamond. :-)
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ffrh911
Then explain it. why EXACTLY is your clutch better? What do you do or what type of material do you use that is better than the rest?
Originally Posted by therealcreeper
I doubt any clutch company is going to reveal the exact compound or manufacturing secrets that make them better so the best we'll ever get is the vague "we use superior materials" or "only the highest quality" or "we've done tons of research and development and found that.."

best you can do is go off of reviews of success stories and failures. I'm very happy with my TDP unit, if it ever has a problem I'm sure I'll be taken care of. I can't speak for any other aftermarket companies but seeing how Diamond has pretty much no negative reviews and is cheaper they get my vote.
There are numerous things that set us apart from our competition. Plate load, bearing load, lift, release, coefficients of friction, etc. All of these are proprietary things that will not be discussed in detail.

We've sold thousands of clutches over the last few years. The more you sell, the more likely you are to get a negative review here and there. As much as we try to be perfect you just can't control what happens when the clutch leaves the building. We're a very competitively priced company and we offer a stellar warranty. You can research Monster Clutch Co. on numerous forums (not just one or two) and we consistently have great reviews. If customers do experience problems we always go above and beyond to take care of them. I can count on one hand how many people out of over 4,000 units sold I've denied warranty to. We continue to strive to be the best out there for you guys, and we'll continue to do so.

Be cautious going off price alone, there are numerous things to consider when purchasing a clutch. When you do purchase one whether it be from us, Diamond, or anyone else think of it as more of an investment in your car - you can always guarantee you'll be more than pleased with your return in a Monster.

In the end guys it's all about what you believe you're told. We have proven our units time and time again. I'm not going to attempt to sell you on something while stating it's the same as someone elses, we're better. I'm not going to bad mouth my competition, hell, there's enough business to go round. If you think I'm blowing smoke just look around, there's a ton more good threads about Monsters then there are bad.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Launching!

There are numerous things that set us apart from our competition. Plate load, bearing load, lift, release, coefficients of friction, etc. All of these are proprietary things that will not be discussed in detail.

So then why not advertise specific things like this? I don't mean the exact detail and amount and material but you could easily say things like are plate and bearing load is better than anyone. Instead these companies just say things like were better. It took a few posts but hell I finally got the answer out of you. I think it would be smarter to say things like this in the first post instead of waiting. Maybe I wouldve bought a monster instead. I'm happy with my purchase of a diamond clutch. Hopfully everything will go well!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
FormerVendor

So then why not advertise specific things like this? I don't mean the exact detail and amount and material but you could easily say things like are plate and bearing load is better than anyone. Instead these companies just say things like were better. It took a few posts but hell I finally got the answer out of you. I think it would be smarter to say things like this in the first post instead of waiting. Maybe I wouldve bought a monster instead. I'm happy with my purchase of a diamond clutch. Hopfully everything will go well!
I doubt that but I'll play along.

What you're saying is you made a purchase based off the descriptions provided by the companies in question?

So you bought this -

Stage 3 - Ceramic/metallic. This clutch setup was developed with focus on brute strength. It will handle hard clutch dumps, as well as lots of abuse on the street and strip. It is very streetable for what it is, but it works like an on/off switch. If you've never driven a car with a clutch like this, it will take a little getting used to. As far as chatter goes, you will see zero to maybe 2 on a scale of 0-10. If you do get some chatter, it tends to get better as you put more miles on the clutch, during the 500-mile break-in period. Rated at 700HP
Instead of this -

Now we’re talking! This thing is the pinnacle of cera-metallic clutches! Want a clutch you can throw 700 hp/tq at without batting an eye? Want a clutch you can feel confident launching a 4,000lbs car at 5,000+ rpm on? Want something that will take a beating at the track and keep begging for more? Look inside.

Here it is, our most popular clutch we make! We take one of the best pressure plates in the industry, we team it up with our 12” 6 puck cera-metallic disc, and we squeeze it together on a SFI certified billet steel flywheel. You can be sure that there is no other single disc clutch on the market that drives like ours, takes a beating like ours, and will keep ticking like ours for many miles to come. The clutch material that we use has one of the best coefficient of frictions on the market, that mixed with our Heavy Duty pressure plate make this clutch almost unstoppable! We rate this thing at 700hp/tq with extreme confidence! Have a car that frequents the track and makes less than 700hp/tq? This is your clutch! Like to launch on slicks at 5,000+ rpm? This is your clutch! Want to do all that and drive home? This is your clutch!

This clutch is rated at 700hp/tq. It will take a beating no matter what road surface you are on. The cera-metallic material has a superior coefficient of friction and will take just about anything you can throw at it. This clutch should be used aggressively, no matter what. The only warning we have for you is this; if you make this kind of power and you have a weak drive train, you will break stuff! This thing finds the weak points and lets you know!
Neither of these say anything about the information you are requesting from me. You yourself said in a earlier post you purchased because of pricing.

If any are serious about purchasing a clutch from us we get either emails, phone calls, or pms. All of which are there to discuss different aspects of what we offer. If a customer is curious about what we offer compared to others we inform them when they ask the question. If someone is asking via a public forum we tell them to contact us directly so we can provide him with an answer to any questions he asks, and some he doesn't remember. This is my preferred way of doing business as it's much more personable.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

diamond stage 3.... 6200 side step launches on the bottle.. still rolling fine 12k on the clock
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

And Jason is correct, I do a great deal of advertising.

We offer 6 levels of clutches because 700hp isn't enough for my customer base. I'll put my clutches up against any single disc in the industry. We'll come out on top every time. I know this with confidence because I've spent the money, done the research, and built a superior product. The success I've built in my clutch company comes from hard work, testing, r&d, and proving what we sell. If we sold garbage you would have never heard of us.

I suggest we not turn this into a mud slinging contest. Congrats on your Diamond clutch purchase.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people just want to hear B.S. like yourself, If a clutch company tells you it has a clutch that has better plate load or bearing load you wouldn't know what that they are talking about anyways? I sure as hell don't what the hell is a better bearing load? The only bearing I know in the clutch system is the pilot bearing. You just want to hear stupid specifications of a clutch system that you don't have a clue what they mean anyways. You are a perfect sucker to buy 38% ceramic coated chrome muffler bearings that have been heat treated with a new revolutionary process.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

wait what??? they have 38% ceramic coated muffler bearings now?! wtf i just bought mine last week and it was only 22% supposedly the theoretical limit.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Launching!

So if too much bearing load is worse that the ideal amount wouldn't the ideal amount be better than too much?

Hmm maybe that's why I ask questions??? Not everybody comes out of their mother with all this knowledge and some have to learn by themselves so hey what's it smart to do? Ask questions and find out the answers instead of being a little *****. Thanks for your input!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
wait what??? they have 38% ceramic coated muffler bearings now?! wtf i just bought mine last week and it was only 22% supposedly the theoretical limit.
Ah hah see you didn't read the new revolutionary process part! They are now made using the revolutionary process that first heat treats them in the flux capacitor and then they are sprayed with blinker fluid for the time elapsed cool down.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Well the customer service I have got from monster was top notch, I installed the 11 inch race clutch and couldnt be happier. Didnt buy it from marketing BS, Was recommended by several ppl and shops, Call SNL and discussed my options and what was best suited for what I do with my car. Even tryed to save me money, But ended up haveing to buy the part anyways. Will buy from again.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

So if too much bearing load is worse that the ideal amount wouldn't the ideal amount be better than too much?

Hmm maybe that's why I ask questions??? Not everybody comes out of their mother with all this knowledge and some have to learn by themselves so hey what's it smart to do? Ask questions and find out the answers instead of being a little *****. Thanks for your input!
Bearing load, for the guys in this thread that don't know, is the amount of force required to depress/release the clutch. This determines how stiff the pedal is.

This is the reason we can give you accurate differences between our units, stock units, and every other manufacturer.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Stage 3 - Ceramic/metallic. This clutch setup was developed with focus on brute strength. It will handle hard clutch dumps, as well as lots of abuse on the street and strip. It is very streetable for what it is, but it works like an on/off switch. If you've never driven a car with a clutch like this, it will take a little getting used to. As far as chatter goes, you will see zero to maybe 2 on a scale of 0-10. If you do get some chatter, it tends to get better as you put more miles on the clutch, during the 500-mile break-in period. Rated at 700HP

Instead of this -

Quote:
Now we’re talking! This thing is the pinnacle of cera-metallic clutches! Want a clutch you can throw 700 hp/tq at without batting an eye? Want a clutch you can feel confident launching a 4,000lbs car at 5,000+ rpm on? Want something that will take a beating at the track and keep begging for more? Look inside.

Here it is, our most popular clutch we make! We take one of the best pressure plates in the industry, we team it up with our 12” 6 puck cera-metallic disc, and we squeeze it together on a SFI certified billet steel flywheel. You can be sure that there is no other single disc clutch on the market that drives like ours, takes a beating like ours, and will keep ticking like ours for many miles to come. The clutch material that we use has one of the best coefficient of frictions on the market, that mixed with our Heavy Duty pressure plate make this clutch almost unstoppable! We rate this thing at 700hp/tq with extreme confidence! Have a car that frequents the track and makes less than 700hp/tq? This is your clutch! Like to launch on slicks at 5,000+ rpm? This is your clutch! Want to do all that and drive home? This is your clutch!

This clutch is rated at 700hp/tq. It will take a beating no matter what road surface you are on. The cera-metallic material has a superior coefficient of friction and will take just about anything you can throw at it. This clutch should be used aggressively, no matter what. The only warning we have for you is this; if you make this kind of power and you have a weak drive train, you will break stuff! This thing finds the weak points and lets you know!

I just try to put straight facts on my website, and cut thru all the chase so I didn't try to hype it all up or anything. No offence Steve, but when I read your clutch description, I feel like I'm reading the menu at Razoos
Guess I'm not that good of a salesman...
Anyway, don't you just LOVE it when this can of worms gets opened up?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TDP
I just try to put straight facts on my website, and cut thru all the chase so I didn't try to hype it all up or anything. No offence Steve, but when I read your clutch description, I feel like I'm reading the menu at Razoos
Guess I'm not that good of a salesman...
Anyway, don't you just LOVE it when this can of worms gets opened up?
Didn't know Razoos sold clutches...

I love these threads, the amount of misinformation and bullsh*t astounds me everytime.

We'll keep pushing ours, you do the same.

Quick Reply: Monster or Diamond