Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TUET 11009 T56 Magnum Installed in 02 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a diagram of what wires would be needed hooked up to have the reverse solenoid work properly?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
I wanted to bump this for an update, sort of a testimonial to the transmission's strength.

If you look back, I mention a driveshaft slung on the dyno at the top of fourth gear with this tranny on a stock bellhousing. The driveshaft did tons of damage, including a shattered bellhousing. I believed that after a year of continued driving on the untouched T56 magnum, I was starting to hear a grinding noise from the output shaft. So I pulled the tranny and sent it to TDP for a rebuild.

Well here's the news, the tranny is on it's way back with NO repairs! The grinding turned out to be from the calipers in the front (misdiagnosis on my part, d'oh!) and the output/input shafts were within factory spec of straightness!

So a stock T56 magnum survived a thrown driveshaft at the top of fourth gear and a shattered bellhousing... WOW!

Also, I keep getting requests for wiring help on the Dakota Digital speedo conversion box. I'll try to take time and get something written up or pictures taken while I'm under it in the coming days.
I told you that your driveshaft was too short. There was poor engagement on the spline and not enough support at the tailshaft bushing, so the driveshaft started whipping like a skip rope at high speed.

Andrew
Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 72Elkytpi
Do you have a diagram of what wires would be needed hooked up to have the reverse solenoid work properly?
Hopefully I got a picture of it below... but I don't recall screwing with any reverse solenoid wiring from the factory harness, just the speedo.

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I told you that your driveshaft was too short. There was poor engagement on the spline and not enough support at the tailshaft bushing, so the driveshaft started whipping like a skip rope at high speed.

Andrew
LOL, what? Did you read anything I wrote? The driveshaft let loose at the BACK, at the rear axle. The rear end yoke was the portion that let loose, not the driveshaft having too little engagement. Insert foot.

Anway, below are the additional pictures of the wiring of the speedo box.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's the part # for that connector???

Also did anyone else connect the reverse lockout?

Quick Reply: TUET 11009 T56 Magnum Installed in 02 Camaro