Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Popping out of 2nd and 3rd Very rarely, sticky pedal issue possibly causing this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Popping out of 2nd and 3rd Very rarely, sticky pedal issue possibly causing this?

First off I just bought an 00 WS6 and it pops out of 2nd and 3rd here and there.
Do these cars come with a factory shifter different than that of LT1s because the shifter on my '00 feels way better overall and im wondering if someone put an aftermarket shifter on and its out of adjustment??

It seems to do it sometimes when I go 1st-Neutral-back to 2nd to avoid skip shift... Maybe the Skip shift solenoid is causing this?

I remembered hearing about shifters with a "2-3 mechanism" and my shifter feels like it "clicks" over to 3rd easily when shifting.

If it is an internal problem im lucky enough to works at a trans shop so rebuilding wouldnt be to big of a hassle.

OK, secondly Im having the "sticky/low" pedal issue with my clutch. When I first looked at the car before buying it the pedal was completely on the floor so I checked the fluid and it was full and clean so I assumed someone replaced the master and misbled it... So I pulled the pedal up and test drove it and it didnt seem to bad but I bled it at work and got a little bit of air out and it works a tad bit better. But now their are some instances like after the car sits over night that the pedal will have sunk maybe an inch and I had one instance where the pedal sunk all the way down while driving in 1st and had to be pulled up manually to shift from their. Could these issues cause gears to grind?

I also noticed that when the pedal is physically all the way pulled up it sits below the brake pedal and Im almost positive that both of my previous Lt1s clutch pedals were above the brake pedals.... Where do your guys clutch pedals sit?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by zacritz929; 08-02-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Banned

Pull the boot back and see what kind of shifter it has on it.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Ok will do.. Could an hydraulic issue cause this grinding also?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Teching In

The peddle sinking is the clutch master cylinder going bad. Just changed one on a 02 T/A with 40k miles on it. Fixed the problem. Sinking aka sticking with the manual reset of foot under clutch peddle.

Last edited by timespayne; 08-02-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Popping out of 2nd and 3rd Very rarely, sticky pedal issue possibly causing this?