Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Monster Lvl. 2 Came in Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was afraid they had sent me a Stage 1 disc when I got that one, but they assured me it was a Stage 2. We'll see how it holds up. It's gone 5 months driving without skipping a beat so far
Old 08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is absolutely nothing at all to be worried about in any way. All of the clutches we sell (I.E. any variations) have been thoroughly tested and proven. All of these units will last roughly the same amount of time given the same driving conditions. There is nothing at all to be concerned or worried about.

If any of you are still worried, etc. about this call me directly (I own Monster Clutch Co.) and I'll be more than happy to discuss this with you in detail.

Steve A.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I was afraid they had sent me a Stage 1 disc when I got that one, but they assured me it was a Stage 2. We'll see how it holds up. It's gone 5 months driving without skipping a beat so far
It's a Monster, it will do exactly what we say it will.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive heard a lot of good things about monster clutches but im not sure i like there being different clutch designs for what is supposed to be the same clutch and if there is the customer should be able to pick cuz i think otherwise everyone should receive the same one so quality can be expected to be the same....other peoples cars shouldnt be used as guinea pigs to test the best design.....im not saying this to bash the clutch, im saying this cuz ive thought about buying one and it concerns me that idk which disc i will get
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2000SSMAN
Ive heard a lot of good things about monster clutches but im not sure i like there being different clutch designs for what is supposed to be the same clutch and if there is the customer should be able to pick cuz i think otherwise everyone should receive the same one so quality can be expected to be the same....other peoples cars shouldnt be used as guinea pigs to test the best design.....im not saying this to bash the clutch, im saying this cuz ive thought about buying one and it concerns me that idk which disc i will get
Maybe I wasn't clear in my other posts.

We do NOT use the public as testing guinea pigs for our clutches, to do so would be incredibly ignorant. We have a tight nit group of clutch testers we use and I make decisions based off of those results on what goes into production. I do not run a stagnant clutch company, we are constantly testing, retesting, and experimenting with frictions to make sure we stay the best clutch in the market. If I sell a Level two unit to someone that clutch will hold the power it's supposed to, behave like I describe it on my site, and will be equal or better than what's been sold. Every Monster Clutch we sell is of the highest quality possible, just because it looks slightly different doesn't mean it's something worse.

Please don't think that we just throw things together to see how they work at the expense of the masses, if we did do this we wouldn't have been in business as long as we have and our reputation damn sure wouldn't be what it is.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I appreciate you clearing up the process for me. I have heard great things about the clutch. I just thought there were just a bunch of different discs but now i understand ur just kinda upgrading it a little bit. My apologies.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Launching!

I completely understand what you are saying.

I believe the poster above you is simply asking; why do you have multiple variations if "they are all the same"?

I just purchased a new LVL 2 myself, I just havn't been home to open the box yet myself... curious to what I may see.

Even with that said, I don't have any reserves. If any problems do come up, I'll just call you and ask for help. I've never read any complaints about customer service.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Launching!

I went with monster simply because of the reputation, I've never read a negative feedback about their clutches and that was worth the cost to me, gives off a sense of security. Just a little strange that there are several designs
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Mine is the segmented one also and I am looking forward to giving it a workout once it is installed. I was assured it will hold everything I will throw at it. I'll give it all I got once installed.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've one like HoLLo that just crossed the 500 mile benchmark. So what is the first thing I do? 4k clutch dump of course. Thank god for crappy eagle f1 tires on a moser 9"!

Love my Monster stage II
Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Mine is the segmented one also and I am looking forward to giving it a workout once it is installed. I was assured it will hold everything I will throw at it. I'll give it all I got once installed.
They are meant to be driven hard, just be sure and break it in first to get a nice even clamping surface to ensure maximum holding power!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99SSJarhead
I've one like HoLLo that just crossed the 500 mile benchmark. So what is the first thing I do? 4k clutch dump of course. Thank god for crappy eagle f1 tires on a moser 9"!

Love my Monster stage II
Haha, it loves it!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I think my Monster stage 2 played a part in my 10 bolt dying 3 months ago. I'm completely satisfied with my Monster, I've used a few different clutches, and I must say this one is my favorite. I can't wait to get this Moser 9" with 4.11's finished so I can rip through the gears again

I went with the lightweight flywheel, Tick MC, Tick speed bleeder. All my chatter went away after maybe 350-400 miles, and it has been a pleasure to drive since.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I think my Monster stage 2 played a part in my 10 bolt dying 3 months ago. I'm completely satisfied with my Monster, I've used a few different clutches, and I must say this one is my favorite. I can't wait to get this Moser 9" with 4.11's finished so I can rip through the gears again

I went with the lightweight flywheel, Tick MC, Tick speed bleeder. All my chatter went away after maybe 350-400 miles, and it has been a pleasure to drive since.
Good to hear, well except for the breaking of your rearend...glad we put the disclaimer out there about not being responsible for finding weak links in the drivetrain
Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

I just ordered my level 1 monster from lashway motorsports. They have a good deal going right now.....for the level 1 i paid $530 for disc, pp, flywheel, pilot bearing and throwout, AND free shipping. Erik was very helpful and informative with any questions i had. Its supposed to be here within a few days. I cant wait till it gets here!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

So after a long wait the clutch was finally installed last Sunday! I did all the break in miles this week and I was able to let her rip last night. The clutch grabs very nice and feels awesome. Pedal pressure is the same if not better than it was stock. I love the clutch.

All the pedal sticking I had went away, which a big part was probably remedied by the new slave. I love the clutch so far, and have not on complaint . No chatter at all, even on the break in miles. That might have been due to the fact that I had the PP and FW balanced as recommended by my installer. Here is a pic of the balancing holes on the flywheel, this is the only thing that I was surprised by:

I can't wait to get back to the track and test this sucker out! And also get some rematches with people I've lost to becuase I couldn't get into gear. Thanks again Chris for all your help, I would recommend buying a Monster to anyone who is thinking about it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys I'd put my complete faith in what monster has to say my buddy just got done installing a stage 3 in his car and it grabs like hell makes his old ls7 clutch feel like ****. Not to mention the clutch feel and engagement are stioll very smooth
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
So after a long wait the clutch was finally installed last Sunday! I did all the break in miles this week and I was able to let her rip last night. The clutch grabs very nice and feels awesome. Pedal pressure is the same if not better than it was stock. I love the clutch.

All the pedal sticking I had went away, which a big part was probably remedied by the new slave. I love the clutch so far, and have not on complaint . No chatter at all, even on the break in miles. That might have been due to the fact that I had the PP and FW balanced as recommended by my installer. Here is a pic of the balancing holes on the flywheel, this is the only thing that I was surprised by:

I can't wait to get back to the track and test this sucker out! And also get some rematches with people I've lost to becuase I couldn't get into gear. Thanks again Chris for all your help, I would recommend buying a Monster to anyone who is thinking about it.
Glad you like the new clutch! Curious how much material they removed? As it doesn't look like much and our flywheels leave balanced within 4 grams. Thanks again for choosing a Monster!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Curious how much material they removed? As it doesn't look like much and our flywheels leave balanced within 4 grams

Quick Reply: New Monster Lvl. 2 Came in Today