Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 vibration after clutch install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old thread i know: did you ever figure it out

Did you ever figure out what the problem was. I am also having vibration problems a little different from the symptoms you were/are having. I was gooing through posts looking for some insight when i started reading this one and i was intrested if you ever got to the bottom of it. Personal it sounds like if you infact comfirmed that your F.W. weight was fine for your setup. Then it would have been a miss alined pulley or ALT/P.S. pump has a binding spot at some point of its rotation. I would be intrested to know if i was even in the ball park with my thought on it. hope it worked out for you ether way.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're getting a vibration after a new clutch install it is normally from an improperly torqued flywheel and pressure plate.

We got my wife's trans am dirt cheap with 50k miles on it ten years ago because aamco only did a clutch disc swap and the car shook like he'll above 1700 rpms in any gear. They refused to do any work on it and told the owner his motor was causing the vibration

We pulled the trans, replaced the slave, re torqued the pressure plate, and it's gone ten years now with no issues
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had this problem once when we used a higher stage clutch plate with a lower stage pressure plate. we had to replace the pressure plate then it went away

Quick Reply: T56 vibration after clutch install?