Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Swapped out my factory Hurst w/ JSS for the B&M Ripper w/ JSS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swapped out my factory Hurst w/ JSS for the B&M Ripper w/ JSS

So far so good, the B&M w/ JSS is shorter than the factory Hurst w/ JSS by far. The shifting feels slightly less notchy except for maybe going into 3rd gear.

The JSS bolted right up the the B&M with the existing B&M bolts (The JSS bolts are threaded for the factory unit, and don't fit the B&M thread pattern). The only thing I don't like is with the B&M/JSS combo, all shifting action seems moved to the right... 5th and 6th gear is a long reach, and reverse actually rubs against the plastic of the console. I may drop in the B&M stick tomorrow, it's obviously bent towards the driver for a reason, without that bend 5th/6th feels like they are eleventybillion miles away. If I do swap out the stick, I'm going to have to go back to my stock shifter ****, since the B&M stick isn't threaded enough to hold my Hurst pistol grip without having the grip *way* to high...

More to come...
Old 03-13-2004, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Well, swapped the B&M stick back in - much better but I miss my grip
Old 03-13-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

you know, i had the same issue with my JSS and the pro 5.0, reverse would rub on the console. I swapped the pro 5.0 shick back in, but did not like it at all (its hard to explain, but it just felt too flimsy). then i cut the pro 5.0 stick and it was better, but it still wasnt that great. i ended up putting the JSS back in and love the way it feels, I just have to be careful not to hurt the boot every time i put it in reverse

Quick Reply: Swapped out my factory Hurst w/ JSS for the B&M Ripper w/ JSS