Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems getting clutch pumped up

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems getting clutch pumped up

First this is in a hybrid so I'm not real sure what the master cylinder came out of, but the whole setup was in the previos owners car working fine and we installed it the same on my car, only diff is I used a diff line since his broke in the wreck.

I got a lil bit of pedal but it's not fully disengaging the clutch( tires spin while in first with foot on clutch,

I bled it 6. Or 7 times with about twenty pumps each time,is that not enough or what, any help is much appreciated thank you

This is a t56 btw
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Teching In

How much pedal travel before you start feeling significant pressure? Try a pressure bleeder - I had similar issues and the p.b. solved the problem.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

How does that work
Old 12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Teching In

I have a Motive Products pressure bleeder, see http://www.motiveproducts.com . It makes bleeding hydraulic systems a one-man operation.

It is primarily used for brakes, but I used it last night on my clutch MC. The pump canister connects to the top of the MC with a hose and fitting. The hand pump on the canister is pumped up to 15-20 lbs, and fresh brake fluid is forced into the top of the MC. Then you crack open each bleed valve long enough until no bubbles remain in the outward stream.

I would guess that you might be drawing air back into your line when the clutch pedal travels back up.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Ok I gotcha but where would the air be comin from or you mean air that's already in the system
Old 12-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Teching In

If the bleeder is open when the clutch pedal goes back up it may draw in air at the bleeder.

Perhaps tighten the bleeder when the pedal is pushed down, iff'n you aren't already doing that.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the sticking pedal problem so I changed the m/c. Could not get it to bleed even w/ my pressure bleeder, problem ended up being the fact that I didn't bench bleed the m/c. I guess When installed the angle of the m/c trapped the air above the hose. Did you bench bleed it.

Quick Reply: Problems getting clutch pumped up