Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutches are da bomb!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monster Clutches are da bomb!!

Picked up a Level 1 kit from Eastcoastperformance when their sale was going on in November. Also got a new GM slave and new GM master cylinder. Finally got around to installing it a couple weeks ago. I had a small issue and Steve from monster was more than willing to walk me through some things to help me out. Turned out to be something that I did. I wanted a clutch that would hold the power I am currently making since I probably will not do many more power mods to this car and I wanted the clutch to drive like stock. I must say this kit blows any stock or Ls7 kit out of the water. It drives better than my stock clutch and you can let it off just about at idle with very little throttle effort. I can tell that it is more than willing to take any abuse I will throw at it which is not all that much. Best of all...NO MORE STICKING CLUTCH PEDAL!!!

Just wanted to post my results and give props to Monster for building great clutch kits for the LsX community. Too often good feedback goes unnoticed and you can't ask for any better support for a product than the guys at Monster clutch!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the informative insight on this topic...

was also thinking about goin with a monster clutch setup for my t-76 lq4 setup..more then likley the stage 3 package.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Monster for the win!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife's car has a Monster Level 2 (18# F/W) and a Tick Master, that she daily drives, and it really is a great setup. It makes 411rwhp, and the pedal is a little firmer than stock.

I was having some engagement issues, but realized the Tick was adjusted to where it should have been, and now its flawless! It feels great, and is really easy to drive.. Although it is hard to stay off the loud pedal LOL.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
.. Although it is hard to stay off the loud pedal LOL.
Ditto!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys, we appreciate the support!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

My slave cylinder went out 2001 ws6. I want to upgrade the clutch to a stage 2. I Daily drive. Don't run it hard to often. And I only have bolt ons. I was looking at the Dimond stage 2 kit. Then stumbled into Monster. I don't know too much about either kit in which one is "better". I just want something there if I need it. =) Not all out race. How much are the monster kits.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

No LT1 clutches? I am about to do a T56 swap in my 88 Firebird and need a good clutch.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
My wife's car has a Monster Level 2 (18# F/W) and a Tick Master, that she daily drives, and it really is a great setup. It makes 411rwhp, and the pedal is a little firmer than stock.

I was having some engagement issues, but realized the Tick was adjusted to where it should have been, and now its flawless! It feels great, and is really easy to drive.. Although it is hard to stay off the loud pedal LOL.
what did you have to do to adjust the tick. master properly? I know it is adjustable but how did you determine what was correct.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
Picked up a Level 1 kit from Eastcoastperformance when their sale was going on in November. Also got a new GM slave and new GM master cylinder. Finally got around to installing it a couple weeks ago. I had a small issue and Steve from monster was more than willing to walk me through some things to help me out. Turned out to be something that I did. I wanted a clutch that would hold the power I am currently making since I probably will not do many more power mods to this car and I wanted the clutch to drive like stock. I must say this kit blows any stock or Ls7 kit out of the water. It drives better than my stock clutch and you can let it off just about at idle with very little throttle effort. I can tell that it is more than willing to take any abuse I will throw at it which is not all that much. Best of all...NO MORE STICKING CLUTCH PEDAL!!!

Just wanted to post my results and give props to Monster for building great clutch kits for the LsX community. Too often good feedback goes unnoticed and you can't ask for any better support for a product than the guys at Monster clutch!

And the BEST part is that they are American made!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

are monster clutches good on lt1's? 94 trans am, which size would work best, 11" or 12" and why the different sizes?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

i just ordered a monster 11" ceramic race clutch from ws6.store,cant wait to get it in!!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by boostedskyline
are monster clutches good on lt1's? 94 trans am, which size would work best, 11" or 12" and why the different sizes?
I do not currently offer a pull style diaphragm clutch, we refuse to purchase LT4 pressure plates, repaint them, and slap an aftermarket disc in it.

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
i just ordered a monster 11" ceramic race clutch from ws6.store,cant wait to get it in!!
Thanks for the support, you'll love that thing! BTW, we've held over 1100rwtq with one of those.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutches are da bomb!!