Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster/Tick. Does this sound like air trapped in my M/C?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Default Monster/Tick. Does this sound like air trapped in my M/C?

I put a monster 3.5 in my 00' Hawk with a Tick M/C and a remote bleeder. I have bled the system several times but I'm still having problems and don't know if there is air in the system or pressure plate.

I have inconsisant pedal. Sometimes its ok but most of the time its rock hard. I mean like hurt the bottom of your foot and back to push it down.

I have adjusted the length of the rod on the M/C several times but I'm not sure where its suppose to be.

It's difficult to shift fast at WOT. After I beat on it the pedal goes down to the floor. That sound likes air in the system but I'm unsure of the inconsistant pedal feel.

The clutch was squealing really bad when I would take off especially when it was cold. I read another thread about them glazing over. I heated the drag radials up and dropped it a few times at 4 grand and it seems to be gone now. The clutch never feels like it slips. Hits gears hard. I tried taking off from a stop in a higher gear to see if it would slip and it would kill the motor.

I don't want to pull the clutch out of it if thats not the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Last edited by LilJayV10; 01-12-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i started adj my master at the shortest length possible. While mine was at it shortest length with car already in neutral. press clutch in start it and it try putting it in 1st gear. Mine wouldnt go in so I adjusted til it when in smoothly. According to the directions you want to have just enough fluid pumping to make it work. once you get it into gear smoothly drive it and adj as needed.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

bizzzump
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you provide a little more details on your setup? Whats the state of you hydraulics? Are the Slave Master and hose all new? If they are then it definitley sounds like is isnt bled properly...or you have a leak somewhere....if the stuff isnt all new I would almost certainly say you have a leak somewhere.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I put a monster 3.5 in my 00' Hawk with a Tick M/C and a remote bleeder. I have bled the system several times but I'm still having problems and don't know if there is air in the system or pressure plate.

I have inconsisant pedal. Sometimes its ok but most of the time its rock hard. I mean like hurt the bottom of your foot and back to push it down.

I have adjusted the length of the rod on the M/C several times but I'm not sure where its suppose to be.

It's difficult to shift fast at WOT. After I beat on it the pedal goes down to the floor. That sound likes air in the system but I'm unsure of the inconsistant pedal feel.

The clutch was squealing really bad when I would take off especially when it was cold. I read another thread about them glazing over. I heated the drag radials up and dropped it a few times at 4 grand and it seems to be gone now. The clutch never feels like it slips. Hits gears hard. I tried taking off from a stop in a higher gear to see if it would slip and it would kill the motor.

I don't want to pull the clutch out of it if thats not the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Jason
Jason,

Call us at the shop, we'll go over your issues in detail and give you some insight and pointers to get the problem fixed. Because it's inconsistent it sounds like a hydraulic issue, call me and we'll go over it.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks! I will give you a call next week.