Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master install

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tick master install

So after 6 hours of figting this massive tick master cylinder, I finally decided to remove the four bolts holding the brake master to pull it back out of the way. 5 minutes later the tick was installed.

I dont know how people do this install without removing the brake master! I must have just had the angle all jacked up I know its a tight fit but damn!!

just a tip if your having the same problem i was...take the time to loosen those four bolts you dont even have to remove the clip on the brake pedal, just need a little extra room to slide that bad boy in much easier.

I hope this saves someone the 5 hours i wasted fighting it!!

enough complaining though, the tick looks great and once i finish getting the clutch swapped out im sure it will be a great product!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow all I did was take the adjustable rod end off and it went in with ease. Took me maybe 20 min. It took me longer to get the stock one out
Old 01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Teching In

I also took the adjustable rod end off and still struggled to slide the unit into place... the old master came out easy and i thought this is going to be a piece of cake! 2.5 hours later I called my brother over to help and after a few hours of fighting it we just decided to loosen the brake master...

Im sure its one of those things that once you get the angle right it slides right in but it just wasnt happening for us!!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I must have been lucky, because mine fell in with the adjustable rod on like nothing! I was seriously expecting it to fight me, but it took me all of 15 minutes! Now getting the stock one out, that was a pain... So maybe I was due?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Teching In

its just the angle of the dangle I reckon