Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal Engagement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Clutch Pedal Engagement?

I just did a clutch swap, Competition Clutch DF. When I was doing the swap I noticed the clutch fork had more "play/wobble" when it was still on the TO bearing vs. what it was like "new". Then you had to have the tranny 1/2" away from bell housing to slide it on to throw out bearing and it was then pretty tight in terms of in/out play once tranny was bolted up flush with bellhousing.

I did notice on the fork where it rides on the "T" ball that it appeared to be worn some so I assume the looser feel now is due to that.

What I now notice with this clutch is pedal engagement is more to the top of pedal vs mid as it was before..or at least what it felt before.

I did also replace FW with a forged one from F1 and I did not compare height of that FW with stock but all fits within bell housing the same as a stock FW so I assume there is no change in height

Clearly though the clutch forks sits lower in the bellhousing than it did "new" (furhter away from slave) so my assumption is that is why I notice pedal engagement higher.

Would the clutch fork wear be the issue?

BTW this is a LT1 "pull" type clutch

comments appreciated.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts

Bump..

so if the clutch fork sets further in the bellhousing due to slop...would that make engagement more at top of pedal?

or?

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Engagement?