Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t-56 rebuild, so many options need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t-56 rebuild, so many options need help!

Looking into getting my t-56 rebuilt/built to handle a good amount of power. Currently I'm only running a bolt-ons ws6 m6 (obviously) but I do want to do h/c/i in the future (hoping 460-480 whp).

Currently my t-56 is all stock minus an unknown short stick. At high rpm's shifting into the next gear is very rough and hard. Before I rebuild I plan on doing the drill mod to see how that aids. It also chatters at high rpms (what causes this?)

I want to know what stage/style/options you guys have done to your t-56's and also who built them. I want the absolute best I can get for 1300-1500$.

Right now Im stuck between tick's stage 2 and tdp's stage 3 both have options that the other does not. I've considered rpm but they seem a tad bit pricey.

For my power goal what do you guys deem as an absolutely necassary upgrades? I need help please, vendors also.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

i have the same question man lol who is good and what is good for upgrade lol
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your power goals I would recommend the basic upgrades; billet synchro keys, broze fork pads, steel 3-4 fork a fresh set of carbon rings. In our Level 5 parts and labor build we also upgrade the 1-2 fork. The 1-2 fork is aluminum and will wear out with hard 1-2 shifts. Our fork has a steel insert pressed in the fork to prevent the steel shift plate from wearing into the aluminum fork and causing a sloppy fit. Our parts and labor builds aren't on our website. One of our guys here runs out website and hasn't had a chance to get it updated. Here is a link to our parts and labor build pricing and options. We can schedule pickup and delievery for you for a very reasonable price.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...smissions.html

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

where are u located and whats the shipping with 71118 zip? thanks!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lilscoggs07
where are u located and whats the shipping with 71118 zip? thanks!!!
Waiting on a shipping quote from my shipping company. Ill PM you with a total as soon as I hear from them.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
For your power goals I would recommend the basic upgrades; billet synchro keys, broze fork pads, steel 3-4 fork a fresh set of carbon rings. In our Level 5 parts and labor build we also upgrade the 1-2 fork. The 1-2 fork is aluminum and will wear out with hard 1-2 shifts. Our fork has a steel insert pressed in the fork to prevent the steel shift plate from wearing into the aluminum fork and causing a sloppy fit. Our parts and labor builds aren't on our website. One of our guys here runs out website and hasn't had a chance to get it updated. Here is a link to our parts and labor build pricing and options. We can schedule pickup and delievery for you for a very reasonable price.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...smissions.html

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.
Thank you very much my friend has one of your viperized t-56's. He highly recommended you guys but i thought you guys were a lot more exspensive than that because of your webssite lol. Thanks a lot ill get back to you when my tax return comes in

my car is my daily driver, if i were to send my trans in for a stage 5 build about how long is turn around time? And would you reccomend micropolishing? what advantages does it offer?

Last edited by k_garretson23; 02-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
Thank you very much my friend has one of your viperized t-56's. He highly recommended you guys but i thought you guys were a lot more exspensive than that because of your webssite lol. Thanks a lot ill get back to you when my tax return comes in

my car is my daily driver, if i were to send my trans in for a stage 5 build about how long is turn around time? And would you reccomend micropolishing? what advantages does it offer?
No problem at all. Glad to hear your friend is happy with his transmission.

Our turnaround on a Level 5 build is about 1.5-2 weeks right now. I highly recommend the micropolishing. It drastically cuts down on heat and friction and makes the transmission shift incredibly smooth. I have done it to all my transmissions and have been very impressed with the outcome. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!