Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master install and adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tick master install and adjustment

So I decided to install my tick the other night and let me say it was an absoulte pain in the d**k. I was told go from the bottom but the bottom is impossible literally. I went from the top. Getting the old one out and the new one in was no problem lineing up the tick in the correct spot took me almost an hour, if you have someone to help you it will make things go so much easier. Now as far as bleeding goes I explained thouroghly what to do to my gf and she listened for the first 15 mins. After every two cracks of the bleeder screw I would yell up to her to fill the reservoir. After about 25 mins of this I cracked the screw and nothing came out so I look out from under tge car and she's gone, she wad 15 feet away from my car texting and my reservoir was dry. also an impossible task on the ridiculouse setup gm decided to do so what I did was went and bought some 3/
8s hose, I bent it into a 90 degree angle and heated it just so it would be softer and stay in that shape. I then layer under my car with my feet facing the passenger side of the car and forced my arms in the little hole and slipped the hose over the hex shaped bleeder. Lastly I stuck that hose in a bottle with break fluid in and just pumped the clutch till every single bubble came out. Just thought is share with you guys how I installed it. Now my question is how do I adjust it properly. I don't want to risk over adjusting it and ruining something else
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remote speed bleeder from tick man best 50 bucks I ever spent lol. Took us literally 5 minutes to bleed after I installed my clutch and tick master. Has a one way check valve so you dont even have to close it back off just basically start pumping lol. I agree its a PITA to get the tick in position. We installed it from the top NOT the bottom. I have even heard some say unbolt the brake master and move it.