Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pretty sure my Spec 3+ disintegrated last night. Had to tow. Seeking words of wisdom.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty sure my Spec 3+ disintegrated last night. Had to tow. Seeking words of wisdom.

hey guys,

so last night cruising on the highway at 1700rpms in 6th gear.. my spec 3+ clutch sounded like it disntegrated. It has 19k miles on it since it was replaced. Car has a built motor with mild mods and stage iv trans in the 400hp range. Has 245s in the rear so car was more for show then go.

I bought the car with all the mods done to it already. Im concerned with the fact that this happened, >>> is this normal? Freak accident or what? <<<
Gears are all there but car doesnt move had to tow it.

>>> Also with this spec3+ should the clutch pedal be really stiff? <<<
it always was and thought it was cause of the performance clutch. its uncomfortably heavy, 3-4x as heavy as say a stock evo or 3000gt..

Im debating resurfacing flywheel and throwing in a ACT HD street that I found a good deal on or doing a LS7 setup. Will I need a new slave as well? Im a student and will be doing the swap myself with my dad, have done one clutch on a awd 3000gt before. Any pointers are appreciated.

This just absolutely sucks and ruined my week.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say at least take a look at the DIAMOND CLUTCH form TDP jasons a great guy over there. Awesome clutch I have the stage 2 in my WS6 now. I love the driveability and performance of it I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade your master with a Tick master New gm pilot bearing and slave. Jasons kits come with everything you need. diamondclutch.com