Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch life span?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch life span?

Just wondering what the life span is on a stock clutch. I have 102K on my stocker. I dont really beat on it to much. Its a daily driver. Lots of rush hour traffic. I'm guessing I should be ready to buy a new one. Any suggestions on a replacement?.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on your driving style, I believe about 100k+ ...I saw about 104 out of mine, swapped it out and still had a lot left on it. Not sure if it was ever changed by a PO or not. Put in a Centerforce Dual Friction and got 40k aggressive driving out of it. Have another Centerforce in (same type) and have 16k on it now, aggressive driving, Cam, Headers, and gears. IMO if you can afford it, get a Monster, that's my next clutch.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're clutch isn't slipping and giving any issues yet, and if you don't drive very hard, then I'd say keep your stocker until you need another one (or want one of course). I also have a Centerforce Stage 3 Dual Friction and I really like it. A little stiff, but I don't really care unless I get caught in long bumber-to-bumber traffic.

Quick Reply: Clutch life span?