Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch disconnect tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch disconnect tool

does anybody nowhere i can get one and how much plz my master is completely shot and i have to go to work tomorrow
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i could be wrong on this but i disconnected the clutch on my buddies car and there was a little clear plastic clip already built into the line which worked to disconnect it so i think it would be there on all of them?? just worked it in with a flat head screw driver and it came right out. when i did my swap i had no line on the master so i had to make one out of an hose and an fittings so i cant say for sure if they are all like that or not... sure doesnt seem to be any room to fit a tool on there though while the line is connected. maybe someone took it apart at one time and left it on there, lol no idea.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

I have a clutch master cylinder with NO white?clear clips to remove it from the slave fitting. Anyone have an idea of how I can get it off?

sorry for the thread hijack lol
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
I have a clutch master cylinder with NO white?clear clips to remove it from the slave fitting. Anyone have an idea of how I can get it off?

sorry for the thread hijack lol
im guessing someone took it apart one time and let the clip fall off.. i dont know if there is a tool small enough to fit in between the two honestly. its a tight fit.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Teching In

get some "shim stock" and roll it into a circle around the line then push it into the fitting, this will release the snap fitting.

you can also try using a fuel line disconnect tool from any autoparts store, you may have to shave it down a bit to get it thin enough to slide between the two fittings, but it should work
Old 02-07-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

some aftermarket slaves use this type of quick disconnect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjEMoroZQM

if your slave happens to be perfection brand I would throw it in the trash next time your transmission is down, both my clutch and slave from them completely failed on me within a year
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98articss
get some "shim stock" and roll it into a circle around the line then push it into the fitting, this will release the snap fitting.

you can also try using a fuel line disconnect tool from any autoparts store, you may have to shave it down a bit to get it thin enough to slide between the two fittings, but it should work

x2 on the fuel line disconnect tool, i have used this method a few times.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool thanks guys my brother is a tech at gm he has the kent moore tool i will get number and post it he said it makes it so easy and its relatively cheap
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

tool number kent moore j -36221 87 dollars which my brother said he got his on ebay for 20 so check it out fellas he said he has the one from auto zone too too thick

Quick Reply: clutch disconnect tool