Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master, clutch travel when warm

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tick master, clutch travel when warm

Hello,
I have a 2000 T/A with a T56 trans, tick master, ls7 clutch, with new slave cylinder. I finally got the tick adjusted the way I wanted. The car wouldn't roll when in gear and reved up. Finally take the car for an extended drive, and when the car was at operating temp, the clutch pedal seems to come up farther off the floor? It is still below the brake pedal some, but didn't want to send too much fluid to the slave and cause an issue with that. Any help would be appreciated as I am kind of lost on what to do from here.

Thanks,
Travis
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one thing to check, make sure that the clutch line is not resting on the exhaust. My stock clutch would randomly disengage on the highway and i found that the line was touching my cat. I zip tied it to the frame and the problem went away
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis_68
Hello,
I have a 2000 T/A with a T56 trans, tick master, ls7 clutch, with new slave cylinder. I finally got the tick adjusted the way I wanted. The car wouldn't roll when in gear and reved up. Finally take the car for an extended drive, and when the car was at operating temp, the clutch pedal seems to come up farther off the floor? It is still below the brake pedal some, but didn't want to send too much fluid to the slave and cause an issue with that. Any help would be appreciated as I am kind of lost on what to do from here.

Thanks,
Travis
From the info that you have given it sounds like you may not have the clutch pedal far enough off the floor. Move your clutch pedal about 3cm higher than the brake pedal and see if it still happens. Dont worry about sending too much fluid to the slave, that shouldn't happen. I am slightly confused by what you mean when you say "The car wouldn't roll when in gear and reved up". Are you meaning the clutch doesnt feel fully engaged?

Quick Reply: tick master, clutch travel when warm