Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod slave cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcleod slave cylinders

Has anyone used the Mcleod slave cylinders in an F-body? I know they're expensive but I was wondering if there were advantages over stock? I currently have a tick master, gm slave, and textralia but I can't make more than one pass at a time at the track. After a pass my fluid gets hot and won't fully disengage the clutch. I'm looking to move to a twin disc at this point due to future plans anyway so while I'm in there I was wondering if the extra money on the mcleod slave with give me a benefit.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

The benefits between the factory oem unit and the McLeod is that ours is fully rebuildable and you also have the ability to adjust the freeplay between the face of the bearing and the tips of the fingers on the pressure plate. The factory piece is what it is, if it goes bad you chuck it to the round file.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Billy M
The benefits between the factory oem unit and the McLeod is that ours is fully rebuildable and you also have the ability to adjust the freeplay between the face of the bearing and the tips of the fingers on the pressure plate. The factory piece is what it is, if it goes bad you chuck it to the round file.
Do you think yours protects the fluid from heat better than stock, or at least holds more fluid?
It also looks like you offer one that has the f-body quick disconnect on the master cyl. side. Is that correct?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Good question and I'm curious as well.

Love my McLeod clutch and master! 6 years and still strong!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tunedup
Do you think yours protects the fluid from heat better than stock, or at least holds more fluid?
It also looks like you offer one that has the f-body quick disconnect on the master cyl. side. Is that correct?
Yes our hydraulic bearings do offer the oem factory quick dis connect fittings, and yes they do displace more fluid, but I dont think they shield heat away from the fluid any better. You may want to look at a heat shroud from design engineering to cover up in input line from the master cylinder to the bearing itself.

Quick Reply: Mcleod slave cylinders