Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch issues

I replaced my clutch this past weekend with ls7 clutch kit. I didn't replace the slave cylinder due to not having any issues with it I did replace the throwout bearing and the plastic thing it is connected to. I didn't change the MC due to no issues either. It has been driving fine until today. I drove 130 miles with no issues. Got in to car to head back home and had to clutch. I bleed the system for an hour with wifes help doing it the old fashioned way I guess. We did it like this loosen bleeder, push pedal down, tighten bleeder screw, pull pedal up. I used almost a whole bottle of brake fluid dot 3 and never had any change in the pedal (stayed on floor). I am lost and don't know what to besides kick the car.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Teching In

bump^
Old 03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

The easiest thing to do would be to try using a mighty-vac to bleed the system. This will help insure that you have all the air out and that you aren't inducing air via the method you were using.

If that doesn't help, and there is no ability to build pressure (the pedal stays on the floor) then you have a leak in the system. Are you noticing any fluid loss under the car or on the firewall? If not, the leak could be internal, which makes trouble shooting a bit harder.

Try bleeding and check for leaks and let me know what you find. Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Teching In

No there wasnt any fluid on the ground. I tryed the MityVac method of putting it in the resevoir and pulling a vacuum. That didn't work either. I took the master cylinder off. How hard should it be to push the rod in while stil haveing the line that goes to the slave cylinder still attached?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Bump^
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Teching In

replace my master cylinder and it is working good now
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
FormerVendor

Good deal, I'm glad its working well now! Sorry I missed your earlier post. I was out of the office at an event and am playing catch-up!