Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec Clutches

About a week ago I purchased a Spec 2 Clutch from LM Performance and got my local "performance" shop to install it, only because i go to school and live in a apartment and its my daily so i needed it done fast. The shop told me it would be done in two days, after calling me the second day and telling me my master cylinder was bad and i would have to buy another one and i did, they told me it wouldnt be done until the next day. So I waited until about mid afternoon and they called back claiming that they couldnt get any pedal in the clutch. So i went to check it out myself, I asked what they thought the problem was and they told me a bad pressure plate. So I contacted Spec, to see if i could get another one, well the perfromance shop told me they would have to charge me again to pull it out. So I talked to Jeremy up at spec and he told me that he would be happy to look at it for me. After asking the "performance" shop a series of questions,(such as is my flywheel ok Is all the air out of the lines ect.) I was led to believe it was a parts issue. So I trailered my car to Jeremy and within a few hours him and Danny (the spec mechcanic) found part of the issue, the master wasnt flowing enough fuild to engage the clutch. So they modified it for me and it fixed the problem some what, so he told me to leave it with him for a little longer, they had to drop the trans, they pulled all the parts and tested them they were fine. They took a look at my flywheel and it was off .023 which was causing the clutch to not grab properly. They also notified me of a transmission leak that the perfomance shop could obviously not see(it was a fairly large leak). So i purchased a new flywheel they put it back together and it drives better than ever. The point is they didn't have to do anything they did at all, they could have lefft it up to me and the shop to figure out. I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO BUY A SPEC CLUTCH. They helped me with all of my problems and have the best customer support i have ever dealt with.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

It's always the parts supplier's fault when talking to the installation guys and it's always the installation guys fault when talking to the suppliers. In the end, the job has to be resolved even if there is no profit or even a loss after all is said and done with. Props to Spec for stepping up and taking care of something they were not even responsible for in the first place.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the kind words; I am glad that we were able to help!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If that installer had a clue how to properly install a clutch in one of these cars, you wouldn't have had to go through this.

Great job by Spec. That says a ton about them.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Jeremy was telling me about this when he was helping me with a issue I was having, they are a great group of guys. And thanks a lot Jeremy for the fast shipping on that flywheel! - Josh

Quick Reply: Spec Clutches