Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Confused on hydrolics and clutch ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused on hydrolics and clutch ..

If you clutch is sticking to the floor, I have seen people say .. it is your slave .. I have also seen people say you must change the clutch ... etc ..

If you go to an aftermarket clutch that has more "holding power", does that mean your hydrolics have to work "less" or doesn't it matter?

I am getting ready to possibly do the new mods in my sig and I want to make sure when I finally do a clutch, I do it right .. If I go with an aftermarket clutch, will I still have the issue of clutch sticking to the floor?

This is a daily driver

thanks,
Crowley
Old 03-22-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

When you get the new clutch, you should already have the good slave (01+), so replace the throwout bearing and pilot bearing, and if you have problems with ti sticking to the floor or shifting problems, pull out your master and do the drill mod.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i had problems with the clutch sticking to the floor, just purchased a star spec 3
so i did the drill mod. It still stuck to the floor
I replaced all the hydralics with an adjustable master 02 slave, and new throw out bearing. It still stuck to the floor.

so i put in a mcloud / ram clutch and it didnt stick to the floor anymore.
i think it was the pressure plate not working right. i needed a better one, not that piece of crap star spec.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think 99% of all these problems are due to air in the system. I am currently going thru these same issues and I will get it figured out if it kills me. It's almost disappointing when you have almost 40K ivested in a hotrod and you can't even get it down the track because of the clutch hydraulics. I've heard that the quick disconnects can let air in the system so try pushing the line into the slave, twist back and forth about 1/16 of a turn and pull back out and that is supposed to help. I will try it in the next few days and let everyone know...