Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Some clutch and fly wheel questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some clutch and fly wheel questions

Plan on running the new TRex cam, upgraded valvesprings, etc. Pacesetter Headers, True Dual w/ X-pipe dumped before axle, 12bolt with 4.30 gears, Nitto DR's and maybe 150-180 wet shot of nitrous later on when I decide I no longer like my engine, and want to end it's life quickly, in hopes of gettin a new one. Also, the car IS NOT a daily driver, and is just taken out on the weekends to dominate a lil. I will not be drag racing from a dig very often. It will mainly be used to race from a roll. My goal is to have an LS1 that revs EXTREMELY FAST, as I think, this would be beneficial to racing from a roll and very sweet.

1. I'm guessing a SPEC Stage 3 will hold all this power, including nitrous, Correct?

2. I see there are 3 types of pads you can choose from: Carbon, Ceramic, and Kevlar. What's the difference, and which should I choose?

3. X-Pad? What is it?

4. I was thinking of a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel, which would probably rock from a roll, correct? Would it be worth the extra coin to get this, or is ther minimal acceleration differences between a steel on and an aluminum one?

5. If I go with the spec clutch, do I have to use a spec aluminum FW? Because they are more expensive, and I'd like to avoid expense if at all possible.

6. Will occaisionally trying to launch from a dig, with sticky tires, kill the aluminum flywheel?

7. Say I'm looking to get the best possible launch I can from a dig, would it be possible to swap in my stock steel FW for the better launching capabilities? or just a waste of time?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by AustinL911; 03-23-2004 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any takers?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:08 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

spec stage 3 has been holding upwards of 700Hp with no problems....stage 4 is really if you are only getting in to 800ish...and aluminum is only recommended if you do not launch at dragstrips...plus it might not hold idle with that large of a cam....stay away from the aluminum flywheel if you can....really its only for road course racing....just get the billet steel flywheel....

Quick Reply: Some clutch and fly wheel questions