Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Clutch suggestions

I went to the track the other nite in my mostly stock 02 formula. Only mods are 3.73 gears ,tsp rumbler cat back. Also did a few things with hp tuners. I made three passed. After the first run I got back in line. Sat for around 10 minutes before my second run. Second run. I gave it a little more rev and left hard. Half way threw first the clutch gave up. I let it cool off a while and made one more pass and it slipped in third gear on the third pass.
It's time for a new one. The car recently had an new slave and master put in it. Due to funds it did not get a clutch.

I'm lookin for a clutch set only. Maybe a flywheel if needed.
Car is getting ready to get a cam,headers,and ported 243 heads. Will be street driven alot with some track time. I'm thinking about a spec stage 2 or a diamond stage 2. Anyone got any recommendations. lookin to buy in the next week or two.

Yea I used the search and still am. Done lots of readings on the subject.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I went to the track the other nite in my mostly stock 02 formula. Only mods are 3.73 gears ,tsp rumbler cat back. Also did a few things with hp tuners. I made three passed. After the first run I got back in line. Sat for around 10 minutes before my second run. Second run. I gave it a little more rev and left hard. Half way threw first the clutch gave up. I let it cool off a while and made one more pass and it slipped in third gear on the third pass.
It's time for a new one. The car recently had an new slave and master put in it. Due to funds it did not get a clutch.

I'm lookin for a clutch set only. Maybe a flywheel if needed.
Car is getting ready to get a cam,headers,and ported 243 heads. Will be street driven alot with some track time. I'm thinking about a spec stage 2 or a diamond stage 2. Anyone got any recommendations. lookin to buy in the next week or two.

Yea I used the search and still am. Done lots of readings on the subject.
Lots of good clutches out there.
Depends on your wallet mainly.
I went with Centerforce and am very happy.
Check em out.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a Monster setup..Its my first clutch purchase. So we shall see how it goes.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Basically. I'm looking for a clutch I can run back and forth to work. Around town and drive to the track. Make a few passes and drive home.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe a little more info

Car is getting patriot 243 cnc heads. A eps 226-230 cam and stainless headers. I have all these parts. Just sitting on them till I get everything so I can put it all together. What would you guys run with a setup like this. Car may see a small shot of nitrous on top of all this but not very often.

A friend of mind swears by his spec stage 1 in his head and cam car. I was thinking maybe a stage 2 or something like it. Anyone got a better idea?

Quick Reply: Clutch suggestions