Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master install

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tick master install

I have it already mounted into the car just need to hook it up to the pedal, but since the pedal does not have a spring its either up or down. So i adjusted the turnbuckle to its lowest point but with the pedal down its still to short, should i adjust the other end where the clip goes ?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

You don't have to run the turnbuckle all the way down because your clutch pedal won't reach that low, as it seems you've already figured out. Run the turnbuckle down to where you can set the pedal height just off the floor with a little clutch pedal travel. Tick instructions say to start there at the lowest possible height, start the car, push in the clutch, and try to put it into 1st. If it doesn't go, don't force it. Shut the car off, lengthen the rod 1-2 turns, then try to get it into 1st again. Repeat this until you can get it into 1st without forcing it. When you can, tighten the nuts on the rod to keep it from spinning, and take it for a drive. Do some high rpm shifting and see if it disengages the clutch ok. You may have to make small adjustments for high RPM shifting, but that's pretty much it.

The idea is for the pedal travel to be the shortest it possibly can be while still allowing you to shift into 1st.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

ok yea the directions where so so on the install part, i understand the adjustment though, thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1mean96ss
ok yea the directions where so so on the install part, i understand the adjustment though, thanks
Did my post make sense? If I understood it right, you didn't think you had enough rod length to install it on the clutch pedal so you didn't know if you should lengthen the other end of the rod up by the clip. I wouldn't touch the rod up by the clip. I tried lengthening it there when installing mine, and there's not much thread there to make any significant adjustments.

Let me know if you got it figured out. If you didn't, maybe someone else can jump in.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I adjusted mine with my back wheels off the ground, I adjusted it out till the wheels didn't spin with the car in gear at idle. Also your suppose to adjust both ends of the turnbuckle at the same time thats why the pedal end has reverse threads.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

i had to do some adjusting for high RPM shifts as well as tweaking to get the cruise control to engage, don't be scared to adjust it some to make it right.

tony
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you are gonna have to bring the cruise control sensor out some. But as far as adjustment goes you answered your own question. Bring it far enough out for the trans to go into first on the ground, then bring it enough to where it doesn't drag in gear. After that take it for test drives, and adjust as needed. It took a while but it was fun chirping gears all the way up to fourth.

Quick Reply: tick master install