Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Street Twin setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Default McLeod Street Twin setup?

I have a Mc Leod Street Twin that was just rebuilt.

I have a Quiktime Bell housing with motor plate.

I have measured everything and now want to set my clearances. It currently stands at .078" clear, what should I be targeting for a clutch that has not been broken in. I had Meba friction material put on the new discs.

I had to shim the three fingers down to get this, as I recieved it, there was .503" interference and needed to drop the fingers down to get to where I am now.

I have some .031" shim washers that I was thinking of using to spce off the bell housing and get me to .109" clearance. I know as the discs wear on break in this will get smaller.

The slave is stock with a Tick adjustable master.

Thanks for any input.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks goes out to Billy at McLeod.

It is to be between .100-.200. I am at .109 with my .031 shims. should be good and maybe next winter I will put another .020-.030" in as well if release gets to close to the top.

Thought this might help someone else that has one.

If you are looking for shim washers, Home Depot here in Canada sells them. They are pricey at $.4-$.5 each, but they all held a .001" tolerance when I measured them with a Micrometer. The .375" were .022" and the 1/2" were .031".

The 3/8" I used on the release fingers and the 1/2" on the bell housing to shim it out the final bit.

I measured the bell housing and the clutch assembly on a granite surface plate.

Quick Reply: McLeod Street Twin setup?