Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can someone please explain this. Please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Can someone please explain this. Please.

I recently swapped a motor and trans from one car into another car. The car this setup was in was working flawlessly. Same motor, trans, clutch, flywheel. The only things I changed were the slave cyl and master cyl. Now the clutch has an extremely high engagement point. Ive blead it the old way (pumping clutch) and with a mighty vac. I can not get the engagement point to lower. The pedal is firm with virtually no play when you press on the clutch at the top. Can someone please give me some insight on why this is happening?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you compare crank-depth and bearing/slave depth between the cars? If there was a difference in either of these it would affect the engagement point. Also, did the second car have a shim behind the slave and the original car not have this?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the new master is to blame. Try another or mod it to be an adjustable master as mentioned in another thread
Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Did you compare crank-depth and bearing/slave depth between the cars? If there was a difference in either of these it would affect the engagement point. Also, did the second car have a shim behind the slave and the original car not have this?
It's the exact same setup. I used the shim that came with yalls setup. The only things that have changed is the master and slave. Same motor,trans, clutch, etc.