Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new synchro problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You're the one that jumped in with your infinite wisdom.. OEM 1-2 solid keys are the same length as aftermarket billet 1-2 keys, but the aftermarkets don't have the large sharp ends that interfere with the older 2 cone blocker rings...

I'll just presume that you've only taken 3 apart and are just speaking beyond your knowledge.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
You're the one that jumped in with your infinite wisdom.. OEM 1-2 solid keys are the same length as aftermarket billet 1-2 keys, but the aftermarkets don't have the large sharp ends that interfere with the older 2 cone blocker rings...

I'll just presume that you've only taken 3 apart and are just speaking beyond your knowledge.
LMAO. Keep presuming Mike.

And no ****, I know the difference and I said they worked. damn
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
Well Ive had all 3 transmissions apart and the keys are the same length. It sounds like you havent had both apart to know the difference. Im not goin back and forth with you or anyone anymore. All i stated was i installed it and it worked flawless and shifted like butter.
Referencing the length as relevant to the issue shows you don't understand yet.

If you bought already-machined keys from a vendor and they worked, or someone else did the build for you, great.

Your original claim is false and doesn't need to hang around without correction.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
Referencing the length as relevant to the issue shows you don't understand yet.

If you bought already-machined keys from a vendor and they worked, or someone else did the build for you, great.

Your original claim is false and doesn't need to hang around without correction.
Length and design was exactly the same. A hook on each end and a bump in the center on the opposite side. No they were not machined. I got them for the gearbox. Nothing false about what i stated and yes i rebiult all 3 of them. Show me proof it doesnt work or leave it be.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
Length and design was exactly the same. A hook on each end and a bump in the center on the opposite side. No they were not machined. I got them for the gearbox. Nothing false about what i stated and yes i rebiult all 3 of them. Show me proof it doesnt work or leave it be.
Look at the link in post #10.

Note the OP references a "Matt."

My middle name is Matthew.

Now go sit down.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
Look at the link in post #10.

Note the OP references a "Matt."

My middle name is Matthew.

Now go sit down.
I wish there was a 'like' button because I laughed on that one. I got the billet keys from the gearbox for mine as well and they work right out of the box. However, the gearbox keys have a smaller hump than the keys that I've seen from Tick. I don't know if this is a recent change or not, but gearbox keys definitely worked fine.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The solid keys from The gear box will work with an f-body t56. The difference is in the thickness. The solid keys from the vette/ctsv/gto style are thicker and come stock in these transmissions. You can not use these in the f-body t56's. I have some here that I will take a pic for you guys to see the difference.

Quick Reply: new synchro problem