Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Adjustable Tick MC Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Adjustable Tick MC Question

I installed the MC and now im trying to setup the adjustable pushrod part to setup clutch engagement. Im having trouble figuring it out were it should be and im nervous to over extending or engaging to far and breaking something. Someone give me a hand here? Thanks guys.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Take your time and read the the adjustment procedures again.
Here they are:
http://www.tickperformance.com/conte...structions.pdf
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I already read those instructions. Basically when I had the turn buckle piece tighetned as much as it would on the threaded bolt, it was about two inches or so from the bottom. Is that how its suppose to be? Also at that length, the clutch pedal would already be damn near on the floor.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's only where you start adjusting it at.
You really need to read it again, all the info you need is right there.

ADJUSTMENT
Since you increase the amount of fluid the system flows by setting the clutch pedal higher,
adjustment will begin from the shortest setting possible. The pedal will appear to be about halfway down
when compared to its location with the factory cylinder installed. Adjust the turnbuckle in 1-2 turn
increments to lengthen the rod (be sure that the rod coming out of the master cylinder itself isn’t spinning).
After each adjustment, start the car in neutral and attempt to shift into first gear. If it doesn’t go into gear
smoothly, don’t force it (you’ll risk damaging your transmission’s fork pads and/or synchronizers). Simply
continue to lengthen the rod until the transmission will slide into first gear smoothly while stopped. At this
point, test drive the car to fine tune the adjustment to get the necessary release for higher RPM shifting.
DO NOT OVERADJUST THE ROD, or adjust it based on pedal height. If you adjust it to position the
pedal at the factory height, you risk over-extending (thus damaging) the pressure plate.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

You just START at the bottom, and work up from there. I put marks on the turnbuckle to keep track of how many turns you make. It was a pain in the *** to adjust for me (Im 6'2" lol) but just give it a turn, and try getting it in to gear. If it doesnt go smoothly, keep adjusting up until it does.

Once I bled the system and got it adjusted, the pedal sits maybe 1" below the brake pedal.

Almost forgot, AFTER the pedal is adjusted for the correct engagement/disengagement, THEN you can set up the cruise control switch for proper contact, so it doesnt throw codes.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I was paranoid I was going to over engage it. Took it slow and got it all setup. We primed the master really well and bolted it up and so far it doesnt feel like there is any air in the system at all. When we bench bled the mc I think we got all of the air out. This thing shifts like a charm now.