Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this possible?

Ok so I just got my lsx/t56 swapped Iroc driving, and am working out the bugs. Motor running at a complete stop I cant put it in second or third gear. If I'm rolling its no problem, I can get into both. Another thing is my reverse lock out isn't working. I can get into reverse at any speed, its just difficult to get over.

I'm thinking I have the reverse lock out and cags solenoid mixed up? So if I'm going under 5mph or at a stop its not letting me in 2nd or 3rd? That sound right or possible? I do have a dtc p0803, skip shift malfunction.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is possible to swap the solenoid plugs & it would give performance concerns like you have. You can easily tell by looking at the plugs.....the white plig should mate with the white solenoid connecter( skip shift)... black with black. ( reverse solenoid).
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by calhoon
It is possible to swap the solenoid plugs & it would give performance concerns like you have. You can easily tell by looking at the plugs.....the white plig should mate with the white solenoid connecter( skip shift)... black with black. ( reverse solenoid).
Appreciate the help, I'll take a look next time the cars in the air.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Ok so the connector colors matched up. I unplugged the white connector, nearest towards the motor and It didn't lock me out of any gears with the ignition on. So I'm thinking I need to swap the wires on the white connector with the wires on the black connector?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Never mind I think I figured it out. I plugged the white connector with the green and pink wires into the plug right under the shifter assembly. Which I'm guessing is the reverse lockout, cause it now takes no effort to put in reverse with the ignition on. The black connector with the purple and yellow wires is plugged into I guess the VSS, furthest away from motor on the drivers side. I omitted the Cags connector thats why I dont have a plug for it.

Quick Reply: Is this possible?