Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch rebuild?

i've got a Textralia OZ700 that i think needs rebuilt....who does that kinda stuff? i think it's pretty low on friction material and the pressure plate is a little discolored, but not bad. i'd like to step up to an EXO-SKEL, but i don't have the cash right now. i'm building a new motor that will push the OZ700, but still i think be within its power-holding range.

any help would be appreciated,

thanks,
ben
Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used textralia z grip from another member on this board. I had it rebuilt, they resurfaced the flywheel, put new friction material on the disk, and gave me a valeo pressure plate, since they couldnt resurface the original plate (i know its not a luk plate like the original one but pretty much all ls1 pressure plates are identicle.) and it works beautifully. Just need to get it bled a little more. I would look in the phone book for a friction product company who does brake rebuilts and the like. If you lived in tulsa or the surrounding area i could give you the name of the place and their number.

Last edited by Black02SLPSS; 03-22-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
I bought a used textralia z grip from another member on this board. I had it rebuilt, they resurfaced the flywheel, put new friction material on the disk, and gave me a valeo pressure plate, since they couldnt resurface the original plate (i know its not a luk plate like the original one but pretty much all ls1 pressure plates are identicle.) and it works beautifully. Just need to get it bled a little more. I would look in the phone book for a friction product company who does brake rebuilts and the like. If you lived in tulsa or the surrounding area i could give you the name of the place and their number.
mine's also a Z-grip, we had a clutch/driveshaft shop here that did good work, but they went out of business. i live up near joplin, if you could, give me the number of the place that did yours and i may give them a call. another thought i had is that my car WAS making 452rwhp, and when done will be significantly more, although still NA, and i wonder if the rebuilt clutch would still handle the power. how much did that shop charge to redo your OZ700?

my main concern i guess is i don't know much about the friction material itself, like i didn't know if textralia used some special compound/mixture and whatnot...
Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is a very old thread but im not having any luck in the thread i just made, im trying to find a place that can rebuild my textralia clutch,can anyone shoot me some info, or anyone know of a good place that does this

Quick Reply: clutch rebuild?