Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS2 GTO Clutch decisions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question LS2 GTO Clutch decisions

Car has full bolt ons and makes 400whp/400wtq, weights around 3500lbs curb weight. I can smell the clutch and the pedal goes short every time I take a trip to mexico to do some racing. So, I think it's time for a new clutch. I will also be getting a Tick master cylinder at the same time.

I am trying to cut rotating mass off of the car as well. With a CF driveshaft, new wheels and tires, and a lightweight flywheel I should lose about 60lbs of rotating mass. Therefore I DO NOT want the LS7 clutch. Why? Because not only does it weigh more, it is larger and pushes the weight even farther out.

-A heavy pedal is not a problem
-Full faced clutch a must
-lightweight flywheel and pressure plate a must
-Keeping chatter down is a bonus

Clutch Suggestions?
The Spec 3+ has been recommended, is it what I am looking for?

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 06-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

bump, I'm shopping for a clutch and nobody wants to sell me one?

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 06-14-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 3+ is a great option (of course it is a little heavier than a similar puck-type disc but you indicate that you want smoothness and that a full-faced disc is a must) that will easily cover your output and wanted specifications. If you want to lighten things up further you could opt for an Aluminum Pressure-Plate and Aluminum flywheel. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks,
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
The 3+ is a great option (of course it is a little heavier than a similar puck-type disc but you indicate that you want smoothness and that a full-faced disc is a must) that will easily cover your output and wanted specifications. If you want to lighten things up further you could opt for an Aluminum Pressure-Plate and Aluminum flywheel. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks,
Can you tell me how much this setup would weigh? The Spec 3+ with your lightweight flywheel and pressure-plate? Thanks, I'm just trying to do some calculations to figure out how much rotating mass I'm about to cut off the car.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO Clutch decisions