Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

textralia clutch rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default textralia clutch rebuild?

Ok my clutch is shot, i loved this clutch and i have heard people having them rebuilt, even on textralias webpage they advertise rebuilds, does anyone know of anyone in the usa that can do this, i heard clutch masters does it but still waiting on hearing from them, can anyone point me in the right direction, thanks guys, i have searched but only old threads came up
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to know also, I have an old Textralia lying around..
Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah i read a guy had his rebuilt at clutchmasters for 88 bucks,i can buy a new clutch but i cant spend as much as i did on this one, the guy that his done said it was as good as new,i know they are rebuildable
Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Captain Double Post

Anyone have info on this topic,or know of a sponser/anyone that could help me out, i know there was a textralia dealer in the us that did rebuilds but i lost his phone number,
Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Captain Double Post

Bump for any info
Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

free bump,
I tried calling places too. I would also like to know.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Captain Double Post

Ill update tomm, i have some leads on a few places that can do it from what im told,check back tomm, night and i should know somethinh,but in the meantime if there is anymore to add please feel free to post lol
Old 06-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Internet Mechanic

I have no direct knowledge on this but assuming you can get the flywheel and PP cut and with in specs, throw in a new clutch disk, you should be good to go. Also if you had not done so yet, a Tick Perf master to help accomondate of the distance of the throw out got shaved down and instead of shims, more fluid, long throw of the clutch master.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Captain Double Post

Good advice black, ok i found out a new disc is 200, havent found where they sell them i just heard that from a member, i called custom clutch in cleveland and they said they can rivet new material on for 65,machine the flywheel for 27, im pretty sure the rest of the clutch will be ok but i will know more when i get it pulled out in the next week,one place i called clutch masters said it would be about 500 to make everything is good as new but thats a lil much imo to rebuild eventhough it would be worth it,i just figured it would be best to keep things local, in the next few weeks i will make a thread since there isnt much info out there on this topic,
Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Internet Mechanic

Cool beans, I know SDPC sells them like for just below 1k new so maybe is worth the time. IF/WHEN I have that issue I would consider it.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Captain Double Post

Ill make somewhat of a build thread through out the process, since like i said there really is close to no info on this ( of what i could find anyway) should have the clutch out soon so i will know more then
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Also interested in results. My old textralia is just laying around in the garage. Love my monster, but hate to waste quality stuff ya know???
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Is J-Rod still about ? I was told he could source parts ok.

I tried repeatedly from Tex Australia to get parts to rebuild my triple disc Exo Skel. Discussions did go well at the start, then communication just died. Wouldnt answer emails or phone calls.
Baffling really.

I gave up and bought an ACT twin. Given how cheap the ACT was, probably made more sense anyway ! The complete new ACT would probably work out about the same as all the parts needed to rebuild the Exo. In fact, the ACT was probably cheaper !

I opted for the twin plate organic, as doubt I'll be doing any serious drag launches. And have to say, going back to an organic clutch really is great ! The Exo was smooth enough and easy to drive. But the ACT really is like stock, albeit with a heavier pedal
Old 07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm interested too! I've got a textrailia twin that's starting to slip. I'd like to rebuild it but otherwise I may have lay down the money and try a new monster stage II twin.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Captain Double Post

Well just to update i pulled the clutch and things looked way worse than i had expected, the only thing i hope to reuse is the flywheel which i dont even know if thats possible, and i have also tried to get a hold of textralia as well and that was a fail,so its looking like new clutch all together,i would like to buy a new disc but have no info where to get one
Old 04-18-2018, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

I know this is an old thread but I recently acquired a used Textralia from a buddy that went a different route. I brought it to a clutch/brake specialty shop and they were able to get a new disc for it and resurface the pressure plate and flywheel as well as make sure the clamping force and everything on the pressure plate checked out. Cost for all this was very reasonable for what will essentially be a new clutch.

When I initially sent photos of it to the guy at the shop he explained that as long as it was something he could readily get parts for and was not a "custom design", then it was no problem.

So if anybody has any old clutches like this laying around, I would highly recommend finding a reputable shop around you that might very well be able to get the parts and make it new. The place I used specializes in brake and clutch parts for primarily commercial trucks and heavy duty fleet vehicles.

Quick Reply: textralia clutch rebuild?