Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I will be needing my T56 rebuilt by who RPM or tick performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I will be needing my T56 rebuilt by who RPM or tick performance

i need my T56 rebuilt in my 04 C5 Z, it is grinding at high RPMs going from 1st to 2nd gear ,

The car will only be a HEAD/CAM/INTAKE car,

i will be having my tranny rebuilt to a level 5, and also the rear end i will be going with 3.90 gears or 3.73,

i want the car to be reliable at that power level maybe adding a 150 shot of nitrous later but for now thats it,

the car will never see the track just a street car

now my questions

1) who should i go with on the rebuild ?
A) tick performance
B) RPM transmissions

who has built you guys on the forums transmissions, and have you ever had problems with the trans or rear end after the rebuild,

who has better pricing?

thanks fellas this is my 1st time having the drivetrain modded on my c5 z other than a monster clutch i have had installed

i will be having a new MONSTER STAGE 3 clutch installed at the same time with a TICK one man bleeder line , and a TICK ADJUSTABLE MASTER CYLINDER,

thanks for your time fellas,

Jay
Old 06-30-2012, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine is stock for now, but I've felt a LT1 Camaro with a Tick level 2 and it felt great. They are local to me and Johnathon is a nice guy.

Honestly you can't go wrong with either.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Launching!

a buddy e mailed me a link to RKT transmissions they sponsor over on the vett forum,

has anyone had work done by them??
Old 06-30-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 for Tick
Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rpm ftw
Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RPM hands down. i have had transmissions built by both and rpm was just an all around better experience from customer service to final product. my rpm trans has been in the car for 2 yrs with no issues and hundreds of passes and most being in the 9 sec range. tick does make a nice master cyl though ill give them that
Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Teching In

My 02 SS T56 was dropped in by TICK and they also did the tuning. No issues. Can't speak for RPM w/out experience there, but I'm sure either one's better than the shop down the street at the corner.

Power bands were so much cleaner on the dyno with the T56 in there vs the stock auto. They did an excellent job both with install and tune.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I havent had anything built by Tick (but I do have their clutch master!!) so I cant comment on them, but I have a RPM built T56 and it is by far, the BEST experience Ive ever had with ANY company!

Ive been running their Level 5 T56 (+ Viper Input/mainshaft/output, cryod, micropolished, bronze shifter bushing), and its been PERFECT since 2006! Been in 2 different cars, with 3 different engine combos in front of it, without a single hiccup. I have been MEAN to this thing for 6 years, powershifting, launching, freeway rolls, etc.. If I had to guess, Id say its got around 60k miles on it and still running strong.

Their customer service is some of the best out there, and their products are top notch! They have also been developing some NASTY stuff for vette owners that dont really see much light on here.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
I havent had anything built by Tick (but I do have their clutch master!!) so I cant comment on them, but I have a RPM built T56 and it is by far, the BEST experience Ive ever had with ANY company!

Ive been running their Level 5 T56 (+ Viper Input/mainshaft/output, cryod, micropolished, bronze shifter bushing), and its been PERFECT since 2006! Been in 2 different cars, with 3 different engine combos in front of it, without a single hiccup. I have been MEAN to this thing for 6 years, powershifting, launching, freeway rolls, etc.. If I had to guess, Id say its got around 60k miles on it and still running strong.

Their customer service is some of the best out there, and their products are top notch! They have also been developing some NASTY stuff for vette owners that dont really see much light on here.
Originally Posted by blue99fbody
RPM hands down. i have had transmissions built by both and rpm was just an all around better experience from customer service to final product. my rpm trans has been in the car for 2 yrs with no issues and hundreds of passes and most being in the 9 sec range. tick does make a nice master cyl though ill give them that

so you guys have convinced me that RPM does good work, now when i ask for their LEVEL 5 does it have everything you need or are there upgrades i should ask for ?

1)For the rear end do they have complete packages for that also?
what rear gear do you recommend for a street car it will never see the track, like i said was thinking 3.73s or 3.90s whats the big difference ?

i feel pretty dam confident about it since "blue99fbody" has put hundreds of passes in the 9 sec range and no problems sounds like a bullet proof trans nice,

"NVR_SPDS" same question does the level 5 come with all you mentioned above or did you ask for those things?

and how much $ did it run you with RPM for a level 5

a friend told me to go with the 30 spline output shaft is it better than the 27 spline?

thanks fellas for your response,

Jay
Old 06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both are fantastic guys/shops to deal with and both do excellent work!

My recommendation is to call Joey at Tick and Jeremy at RPM and get a feel for which you are more comfortable with. Both guys won't steer you wrong and both are very knowledgeable and stand up guys.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Launching!

"SNLPERFORMANCE" thanks ,

now for the output shaft whats the difference going from 27 spline to 30 spline?

and for a street car should i go with 3.73s or 3.90s?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z16z
"SNLPERFORMANCE" thanks ,

now for the output shaft whats the difference going from 27 spline to 30 spline?

and for a street car should i go with 3.73s or 3.90s?
Your trans. tailhousing (there are a couple bolt-pattern designs) and mainshaft (output shaft) spline and size need to match the differential. So if you upgrade to 30, get a new diff. too.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jmd
Your trans. tailhousing (there are a couple bolt-pattern designs) and mainshaft (output shaft) spline and size need to match the differential. So if you upgrade to 30, get a new diff. too.
Thanks,

i will be getting their RPMs LEVEL 2 differential at the same time i do the trans RPMs LEVEL 5,

i just did not know the big difference from switching to a 30 spline from a stock 27 spline,,

Whats the difference between the two, 27 spline vs 30 spline ?

Jay,

Quick Reply: I will be needing my T56 rebuilt by who RPM or tick performance