Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Lets not get carried away with "great styling" of a Toyota
Very well said.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodson55
10.54 @ 132.28 - 1.58 - monster 3 --------------- 364 lq4 --- N2O 150 shot ------------ 3700 - dodson55

an update to my time this was the last time out with the lq4, have a 403 now hope to be in the 9s next time out
Good numbers!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Check your email Ray... I need to know where to ship this LSx block.
woot! get work done Ray! Steve is on top ya'll!

(now....if i can get him to sponsor me a fresh disc for my clutch )
Old 10-31-2014, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
lol help me get into a small bore lsx block so i can put a motor together that can handle an 88 mm and we can make some big power for record setting and then put the 76 on for class stuff.
More power to you. The GM six speed cars are way behind the times. What was it nearly 3 years ago the Supra guys broke into the 7's? With a 3.0 liter single 91mm and a OEM 6 speed Oh and IRS suspension. I'm not even going into the styling thing lol

Why do you think I'm in here ruffling feathers? I built my car as an engineering exercise with only my pleasure as the primary goal.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

you realize that every single one of the top 5 cars are class racing cars and are rule limited right? pretty sure those supras and the viper that's in the 7's are all built just to hold the record as they are not competitive in anything else.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Idk why I never posted in here!! ET 10.86 @ MPH 126 mph 60ft 1.48 clutch 11 inch monster cubic inch stock bottom end 346 power adder cam only Ls1 raceweight 3200 username zmg00camaross
Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OHhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

Originally Posted by ATSMATT
More power to you. The GM six speed cars are way behind the times. What was it nearly 3 years ago the Supra guys broke into the 7's? With a 3.0 liter single 91mm and a OEM 6 speed Oh and IRS suspension. I'm not even going into the styling thing lol

Why do you think I'm in here ruffling feathers? I built my car as an engineering exercise with only my pleasure as the primary goal.

Also his is a car that sees light street duty with a small 76mm and isn't a full racecar.

Fastest 'street car' Supra I can see went 8.50s so not far off (that I saw a video of)...and looks like all these cars almost had nitrous on top of the turbo. If this car didn't have to be so heavy or stick to the tiny turbo for the class, you'd see this bitch start flying. Now that he is going to be able to turn **** up, watch out.

http://www.2jzpower.com/charts/fastest-6-speed-supra

Last edited by Guitar; 11-01-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Check your email Ray... I need to know where to ship this LSx block.
1517 Mt. Read Blvd, Area B
Rochester, NY

Last edited by studderin; 11-01-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thirdgenbum
you realize that every single one of the top 5 cars are class racing cars and are rule limited right? pretty sure those supras and the viper that's in the 7's are all built just to hold the record as they are not competitive in anything else.
You're right, from the very beginning its apples to oranges even if we look at just one difference straight axle vs IRS. There's really no way to compare two groups of cars that have different limitations.

I will say the current GM record holder's car is more modified than any "street" supra you'll ever see. Those guys will never modify the firewall or build a tubular front end.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

You're right, from the very beginning its apples to oranges even if we look at just one difference straight axle vs IRS. There's really no way to compare two groups of cars that have different limitations.

I will say the current GM record holder's car is more modified than any "street" supra you'll ever see. Those guys will never modify the firewall or build a tubular front end.
sounds like you should have built a supra then . you will find out why the record is what it is soon enough its not bc the power cant be made. and the corvettes have no problem with irs in the 60' and dont make excuses for it why are you? the firewall was not move on my car just the cowl cut off and it extended to the windshield for ease of working on the car. and its stock front frame rails with the cage coming through the firewall and all stock suspension mounting points and strut towers
Old 11-04-2014, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
sounds like you should have built a supra then . you will find out why the record is what it is soon enough its not bc the power cant be made. and the corvettes have no problem with irs in the 60' and dont make excuses for it why are you? the firewall was not move on my car just the cowl cut off and it extended to the windshield for ease of working on the car. and its stock front frame rails with the cage coming through the firewall and all stock suspension mounting points and strut towers

Been there and done that with 9 different Supras. It was fun and not very challenging. Of course I build Nissan GTR's for a living...talk about an easy 8 second pass. I've been 8's a few time in cars we drove to the track, those cars are incredibly deceiving.

No excuses here buddy. I'm merely stating how easy it is to get power down with a solid axle car. IRS brings a lot more variables to the table. Motion ration, camber sweep, toe sweep, the lack of instant center.

Never said you moved anything firewall or frame rails. Don't get me wrong I think your car is cool and I applaud you for keeping the man pedal. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your times will continue to drop. I'm done cluttering up this thread.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i do not understand the hostile attitude coming from you. this thread is full of guys patting each other on the back as getting down the track with a manual transmission is quite the work of art when it boils down to the nuts and bolts and the demeaning attitude isn't what this thread is about. competition is what drives us to go faster and be better, but the vibe you're giving out is more than just friendly competition. what's the deal?

Last edited by thirdgenbum; 11-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

i do not understand the hostile attitude coming from you. this thread is full of guys patting each other on the back as getting down the track with a manual transmission is quite the work of art when it boils down to the nuts and bolts and the demeaning attitude isn't what this thread is about. competition is what drives us to go faster and be better, but the vibe you're giving out is more than just friendly competition. what's the deal?
My apologies I wasn't trying to come off like a dick I'm more of a fabricator than a writer . I mean hell I pulled a 2jz out of my car and replaced it was a GM V8. I'm the guy who catches flack from both directions. I feel like blue99fbody called me out first lol but I'm all game for friendly competition. Now he has a fire to push his car to new heights, something I would love to see. In fact if I see Jay at MIR I'm bringing him a beer!

Don't get me wrong I think your car is cool and I applaud you for keeping the man pedal. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your times will continue to drop. I'm done cluttering up this thread.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha well I'm coming for your spot and I plan to do it with a baby engine and IRS suspension

My car weighs about 3250 if you'd like to add that to the registry

These two bolded statements are what came across as toxic to me, and i'm sure others as well
Old 11-04-2014, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

These two bolded statements are what came across as toxic to me, and i'm sure others as well

I started the sentence with laughter and ended it with a winky face I figured this shows how serious I was about "coming for the guy". We all have goals many of them being the same. If you stand at the number one spot that immediately puts a target on your back. This doesn't mean I don't like the guy or don't support him. I assure you that is not the case.

Apparently ruffling feathers isn't a bad thing. Looks like my "toxic" comments yielded him the motivation to set the bar higher with a 88mm turbo and a LSX block from Steve at SNL. All good things.

I don't see anything bad about what I've done. Sorry to offend you. If you knew me you would realize this is all in fun. I'm just happy to make this list.

Mat
Old 11-04-2014, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

as a middle of the pack "cannon fodder" dude, i'm happy you're here to give us all more motivation. I'm sure if this conversation was being had in person it wouldn't have gone the direction it did. typing sarcasm is near impossible, lol
Old 11-04-2014, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Bottom of the list for me, but only had 2 real passes this year, both with horrendous bogs. Raceweight 3675, AI LS6 heads, cam, full boltons, McLeod single disc. 4.11s with 28" et street radials. (Really should be on 26" but getting ready for nitrous). Car has been 97/122 at a different track with 0 prep.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

as a middle of the pack "cannon fodder" dude, i'm happy you're here to give us all more motivation. I'm sure if this conversation was being had in person it wouldn't have gone the direction it did. typing sarcasm is near impossible, lol
True statement! Most common way I **** off the girlfriend lol
Old 11-17-2014, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

10.255 @ 134.2 - 1.39 - Monster Level3 ----------------- 370 ---- N/A ---------------- 3201 - thirdgenbum

Old 11-17-2014, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

10.255 @ 134.2 - 1.39 - Monster Level3 ----------------- 370 ---- N/A ---------------- 3201 - thirdgenbum

You're chippin away at it man! Moved up 8 more spots.

I seen the video of that run. Your 60ft still has a lot left in it. You will be in the 9s before you know it!

Quick Reply: Fastest Six Speed List