Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No pedal tried everything

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No pedal tried everything

So I did a H/C/I build on my Camaro recently, and while I was in there replaced the entire clutch hydraulics system. New GM slave, master cylinder, etc. etc. The car has a Monster stage 2 clutch kit, new pilot bearing, throwout bearing, you name it, its new. Tried bleeding it like you normally bleed brakes, no pedal. Tried gravity bleeding it, got it to the point where the pedal would come off the floor, but no real pressure. My buddy has a stage 3 monster and his clutch is quite heavy - at this point mine was still lighter than stock. So I tried submerging the speed bleeder, leaving it cracked open, and pumping it that way. Got some air out, but lost the pedal entirely. Took my buddies mityvac, pulled three full canisters off fluid through it, still no pedal. Any ideas? I am getting to my wits end with this car. One thing to note, we pulled about 10" vacuum on the speed bleeder, and no fluid came out, even when we loosened it considerably. We had to pull a vacuum, then pump the pedal to get fluid to come out. Is that a sign of a bad master/slave?

Thanks for any help.