Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What happened?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What happened?

OK so I have just gotten my mail order tune from TSP, and went to go try it out. During my test drive i had all gears, I came to a complete stop, and did a mini launch (2.5k) and ran it hard through 3 gears. When I was coming to a stop I heard a light scratching/grinding sound when I was on the brakes, I figured it may have been a backing plate, or a exhaust clamp. I looked under the car, and saw nothing hanging. So I went to turn the car around and noticed it would not fully go into reverse. I tried to put the car into 1st and it would fully go in either, so i try 2nd it went in with no issues, i went to shift into 3rd and the same thing happened it would not go fully in. I limp it home in 2,4,6, and I pull into my driveway. I look to see if their is clutch fluid and there is. I try adjusting my Tick MC and nothing. I try to vary the RPMs to see if i may be able to sneak it into a gear that way, and i get a pulsing in the gas pedal, kinda like if the TC was on and I attempted to spin the tires. I turned the TCS off and it still got the feed back. Now I cant push it into gears 1,3,5,R t all, not even a little bit, even when the car is off.
The car has a Monster stage 2 clutch w/ light weight fw and a new slave
Tick MC
Hurst Comp Plus shifter
all these parts have less then 1000 miles on them
Any ideas? When i get home from work tonight, I am going to take the center counsel out and check the stops on the shifter... maybe the one for 1,3,5,R moved?

Last edited by AMS13; 07-22-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my guess. 1,3,5,R are all the forward gears. Check the plate under the rubber boot at the base of the shifter. You pretty much have to pull the console to get the screws out. I've heard half a dozen stories of those screws holding the shifter plate in getting loose.