Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TDP, BMR, MGW and Tick write-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TDP, BMR, MGW and Tick write-up

Well it was time to have the transmission rebuilt. After much communication with Jason at TDP I decided to have him rebuild my transmission and put in a new clutch setup. Here is a list of what I had done to the car:

-TDP Stage 2 build including all new syncro rings, keys, springs, shift fork pads, seals, upgraded steel 3/4 fork, and billet 4140 3/4 keys
-Diamond Stage 2 clutch kit w/ resurfaced flywheel
-New GM style slave cylinder w/ throwout bearing
-Tick Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder
-BMR Adjustable Torque Arm
-BMR Torque Arm Relocation Crossmember
-MGW Shifter w/ OEM shaft

Drove 4+ hours day before. Had everything ready to go and took it to him on a Saturday morning with an appointment scheduled. Think it was around 4:00pm that he called and said that everything was done. Car felt great after the fact. Pedal was light and shifted without me having to do a workout. Had some questionable vibration at 1100 rpm and again around 2500 and so on. Gave it a month and had to take it back. Had the clutch setup changed out with a new flywheel and now it runs better than ever!!! He didnt even charge me for the labor of doing it again. Come to find out it was the flywheel that was the problem so we put a new one in. Even put new tires on it for the trip back down to get everything changed back out. Jason did a great job on my car and I would take it back to him and his crew any day.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never meet Jason in person but have had plenty phone conversations with him over the past 2 years. He is a great/honest guy and stands behind his products. I bought his stage 3 clutch kit for my 550rwhp camaro and my buddy bought a stage 2 kit for 650rwhp ws6 and both have worked great. Once I buy another m6 car ill be ordering the stage 2 kit from him.

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Well it was time to have the transmission rebuilt. After much communication with Jason at TDP I decided to have him rebuild my transmission and put in a new clutch setup. Here is a list of what I had done to the car:

-TDP Stage 2 build including all new syncro rings, keys, springs, shift fork pads, seals, upgraded steel 3/4 fork, and billet 4140 3/4 keys
-Diamond Stage 2 clutch kit w/ resurfaced flywheel
-New GM style slave cylinder w/ throwout bearing
-Tick Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder
-BMR Adjustable Torque Arm
-BMR Torque Arm Relocation Crossmember
-MGW Shifter w/ OEM shaft

Drove 4+ hours day before. Had everything ready to go and took it to him on a Saturday morning with an appointment scheduled. Think it was around 4:00pm that he called and said that everything was done. Car felt great after the fact. Pedal was light and shifted without me having to do a workout. Had some questionable vibration at 1100 rpm and again around 2500 and so on. Gave it a month and had to take it back. Had the clutch setup changed out with a new flywheel and now it runs better than ever!!! He didnt even charge me for the labor of doing it again. Come to find out it was the flywheel that was the problem so we put a new one in. Even put new tires on it for the trip back down to get everything changed back out. Jason did a great job on my car and I would take it back to him and his crew any day.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jason is man of his word. He is local to me and he has rebuilt plenty of transmissions for me. I would not take a t56 anywhere else.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes he is. He did a fantastic job on my car and knows his transmissions. Car feels better than new.

Quick Reply: TDP, BMR, MGW and Tick write-up