Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New TicK MC, still pedal somewhat sticking... opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New TicK MC, still pedal somewhat sticking... opinions?

Any opinions why I could have a pedal that after mid to high rpm shifts, my pedal is sticking. I can shift another girl bc the Tick Master pushes enough fluid to grab another gear. Maybe a bad slave cylinder? I know my clutch is slipping some. Other then that, car shifts fast and great.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heat in the bellhousing boiling the fluid, I had the same problem until I got a QT bellhousing that has openings on the bottom for the hot air to escape.
Now I can hotlap the car on a 90+ deg day & the clutch pedal never gets wierd like it did.
You can remove the 2 plastic shields from the front by the starter area & see if that helps. Good read here:https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ur-clutch.html
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you hit it on the head...

I took the return spring off for the clutch pedal, its much much better, no sticking problems and Ive romped on it a few times today. But you can almost smell clutch fluid, nothing is leaking (possibly the residue from bleeding) but I think its getting super hot. But I can handle it the way it is now, each shift and it doesnt drop below 5000rpms, loving this MC right now.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm glad you are loving the master! That's what we love to hear!

Flintwrench is on the right path of assistance, if your clutch is slipping then it's still heating up the fluid. The spring should always be removed and left out. I admit we need to make our instructions a bit clearer in that aspect as it doesn't say what to do with the spring during installation and that you are to leave it out.

If you have any further troubles don't be a stranger and call the shop!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I'm glad you are loving the master! That's what we love to hear!

Flintwrench is on the right path of assistance, if your clutch is slipping then it's still heating up the fluid.
Even if its not slipping it gets hot in the bellhousing from high rpm & no way for the heat to escape.

Quick Reply: New TicK MC, still pedal somewhat sticking... opinions?