Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch/tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch/tranny question

hey everyone, so i had to replace my stock clutch mastercylinder due to loss of pedal and bleeding did not fix it. so I went with the tick master like we all do. So today I started driving and I started to get locked outa gears just driving normal. So i managed to limp the car home and I read up on adjustments and I found out that my jam top nut was a little bit loose and backed up some. But i read today that I should check the clutch by putting the car in gear and reving up to 5 to 5.5k to see if it moves. Well doing this I noticed the car does begin to roll foward some. maybe a half of wheel if that. So my question is what does this mean? I couldnt find out what this means. Before the replacement of the master, I had some problems with getting locked out at high hpm like all of us have experianced. Also i checked the fluid in the reservoir and it was maybe a little bit low but still nice n clear in color. But since replacing it up untill today i havent had a single problem with missing a gear. OH yea I am on the orginal clutch and flywheel etc other than the tick master. I have 67k cars 98z. The clutch seems to grab nice still i got car with 58car on it about a year ago and i baby it since theres not much running room here on guam lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

It means that your MC is out of adjustment. If you rev the motor and the car moves it means that the clutch is still somewhat engaged when it should not be..
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Hmm I will have to see if an adjustment fixes this. Just out of curosity where about should the pedal being siting at when not depressed. Mine is pretty much lined up with the foot rest on the left so I just slide right on the pedal with ease. Also when doing an adjustment with this set up, are you guys lossening the jamnuts then turning the rod or keeping them tight and turning the rod? I know sounds sily but I am pretty new to this set up. Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sargeant Sh!tbag
It means that your MC is out of adjustment. If you rev the motor and the car moves it means that the clutch is still somewhat engaged when it should not be..
So I took your advice, made some adjustments. I just lossen the bottom jam nut n gave it a few turns to bring pedal out. I am sitting at 1inch below the brake pedal and just slightly above the footrest but Still can get on clutch very easy. Tested it out moved nice and smooth at idel. Took it up to 5 to 5.5k and no movement at all went for test spin every nice and smooth scratched 4th it sounded like lol. Thanks man

Quick Reply: clutch/tranny question