Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Flywheel Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel Help?

Well i just got my car back from speed inc today and the chatter was pretty intense when i dove it home about 80 miles..Well I went home and took the car out agian and the chatter was much less intense...But i did notice i wierd vibration.....With the car out of gear reving the car at any rmps and keeping it there, there is a strong vibration and it happend with the clutch engage and not engage...I believe its the flywheel... Its a brand new spec billet steel flywheel.... So i believe its either not balance or they torqued it to tight.... Does this sound right??? I will call them tomorrow morning... They should replace it right....Thanks

Brandon
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
wrencher

Overtorque wouldnt do that, maybe an out of balance fly wheel, or pressure plate??
Call em up I sure they'll take care of it.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

My first Spec pressure plate was WAY out of balance. It only took a few hours for it to damage the tranny.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Well i took it back to speed inc and they put a whole new spec 3 clutch and flywheel in...Just got it back today... The chatter is way less then the first clutch but still noticable at times.... I have to say thanks to speed inc for taking care of me.... Great shop!!!!

Brandon

Quick Reply: Flywheel Help?